Author Topic: F-15EX: The U.S. Air Force Now Has A Real ‘Missile Truck’  (Read 123 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-15EX: The U.S. Air Force Now Has A Real ‘Missile Truck’
« on: January 07, 2023, 12:51:34 pm »
SMART BOMBS: MILITARY, DEFENSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY

F-15EX: The U.S. Air Force Now Has A Real ‘Missile Truck’

ByBrent M. Eastwood
Published20 hours ago

F-15EX Proving Its Mettle with More Missiles – You want to talk about the biggest load of missiles for an American fighter? Let’s discuss the F-15EX Eagle II because it is becoming quite the missile truck.

There are two more weapons stations on the Boeing fighter that were tested with two successful missile launches in late November above the Gulf of Mexico.

Comparing the Missile Load to Other Fighters
The F-15EX fired air-to-air missiles in a manner that was deemed satisfactory by the Air Force. This evaluation was noteworthy because now the F-15EX can carry a load of 12 missiles. Other F-15 variants can only deploy eight of the munitions. F-16s have a six air-to-air missile load. Then the F-22 has a capacity for eight missiles, and these are a combination of Sidewinders and AMRAAMs. F-35s have a load of six – four internal and two external. Lockheed Martin plans to increase the missile load with a new F-35 variant.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/01/f-15ex-the-u-s-air-force-now-has-a-real-missile-truck/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 12:52:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson