Author Topic: Deadly bomb cyclone closes its final chapter after ravaging California with life-threatening floodin  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXTREME WEATHER Published January 5, 2023 9:58pm EST

Deadly bomb cyclone closes its final chapter after ravaging California with life-threatening flooding for days

A powerful and deadly bomb cyclone -- likely the most impactful in years -- slammed into the West Coast. Widespread reports of flooding, washed-out roads, collapsed hillsides, downed trees and power outages plagued California.

By Chris Oberholtz , Aaron BarkerSource FOX Weather

Unusual weather pattern to persist out West amid record rain
Relentless rain will continue to soak the West Coast and FOX Weather’s Ian Oliver explains why these parade of storms are uncommon.

SAN FRANCISCO – A powerful and deadly bomb cyclone pounded California with heavy rain and high winds this week and was just one in a series of storms that will impact the West in the coming days.

The double whammy of an atmospheric river, nicknamed a Pineapple Express, and bomb cyclone was blamed for at least two deaths in the San Francisco Bay Area.

According to firefighters, a child was killed Wednesday inside a home hit by a falling redwood tree in the rural Sonoma County town of Occidental.

In Fairfield, about 65 miles to the east, a 19-year-old woman was killed when her car hydroplaned on a partially flooded road and slammed into a utility pole, according to police.

https://www.foxweather.com/extreme-weather/atmospheric-river-pineapple-express-california-rain-floods
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:12:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson