Author Topic: The Twitter Files so far  (Read 750 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Twitter Files so far
« on: January 05, 2023, 07:40:28 pm »
Powerline by Scott Johnson January 5, 2023

I have followed the Twitter Files as posted by Matt Taibbi, Michael Shellenberger, Bari Weiss, and David Zweig in a series of Notes on the Twitter Files. Taibbi has now posted a set of capsule summaries of each of the 12 installments posted on Twitter so far at his TK News site on Substack. It is posted here in accessible form. Most of Taibbi’s posts at TK News are behind a paywall. This one is not.

In an italicized note at the conclusion of his summaries Taibbi promises the post will be kept open and updated “as needed.” I take that to mean that Taibbi will add capsule summaries for future Twitter Files installments. Elon Musk — proprietor of the New Twitter and the man without whom we would know none of this — has teased the next installment. It will take up Anthony Fauci.

In my estimation the Twitter Files is the most important story out there along with the dissolution of our southern border by the Biden administration. As I say, we owe the Twitter Files to Elon Musk. Without him we would be left to our own devices with inferences, speculation and rumor. Thanks to him we have “the ocular proof.” If the revelations are not shocking, that is only because we have all tumbled to “the coup we never knew” (as Victor Davis Hanson puts it today) over the past five years.

In their original form the Twitter Files are difficult to follow. I have struggled to find a way to convey the substance of each installment upon release. Taibbi’s summaries are particularly useful in this respect. Although there is no substitute for taking them in with your own eyes, Taibbi’s capsule summaries make a contribution to our understanding.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/01/the-twitter-files-so-far.php

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Twitter Files so far
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 12:38:13 pm »
Supposedly there some Smoking Howitzers facts in internal TW@T docs around Fauxci criminal activity, that ought to put that Syringe Garden Gnome in Leavenworth for the rest of his miserable life.

I wish Elon would get the raw footage to Rand Paul, before his compliation team reviews/posts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 01:02:49 pm »
Capsule Summaries of all Twitter Files Threads to Date, With Links and a Glossary
For those who haven't been following, a compilation of one-paragraph summaries of all the Twitter Files threads by every reporter. With links and notes on key revelations
Matt Taibbi
Jan 4

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/capsule-summaries-of-all-twitter?r=5mz1&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 07:27:51 pm »
Alex Berenson:
My first dive into the Twitter Files is coming soon
And the water is warm.
Alex Berenson
11 min ago

This week I went to San Francisco for my first peek at the “Twitter Files,” the company’s records on the government and private pressures it has faced to censor free speech and debate.

Since buying Twitter in late October, Elon Musk has opened the files to a handful of journalists. He invited me about 10 days ago to look over Covid-related documents at Twitter’s headquarters in no-longer-beautiful downtown San Francisco.

“Look over” is not entirely accurate, though. These files are not separate from Twitter’s other databases, they are part of them. ...
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/my-first-dive-into-the-twitter-files
If interested, stay tuned to his Substack site.

Alex Berenson  @AlexBerenson
[One database] is available at Twitter headquarters, and I was able to search it for some crucial terms last week.
Let’s just say what turned up is fascinating - and will make someone very unhappy that Elon opened these files. A couple of someones, but one someone in particular.
2:19 PM · Jan 7, 2023
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:28:42 pm by mountaineer »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 08:14:11 pm »
Supposedly there some Smoking Howitzers facts in internal TW@T docs around Fauxci criminal activity, that ought to put that Syringe Garden Gnome in Leavenworth for the rest of his miserable life.

@catfish1957

For the evil that little bastard has created,I think being burned at the stake is a LOT more appropriate.

I am all for his supporters getting life without parole,though. Providing they had to go out daily in all sorts of weather and do stuff like trim the grass along highways,pick up trash,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 11:21:49 pm »
ALX 🇺🇸
@alx
BREAKING: Twitter cuts more staff overseeing global content moderation.
Cuts include workers on teams handling global content moderation, the unit related to hate speech and harassment, as well as workers handling their misinformation policy, global appeals and state media.
3:56 PM · Jan 7, 2023

Story at Bloomberg

That's a shame.  :laugh:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 07:43:47 pm »
Posted 1/15:
Updated Capsule Summaries of all Twitter Files Threads to Date, With Links and a Glossary

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1614618237651623936