Author Topic: Meet the California Assemblyman Who Wants Teachers to Help Students Get Sex Change Operations  (Read 389 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Meet the California Assemblyman Who Wants Teachers to Help Students Get Sex Change Operations
Rick Zbur spent years at the helm of an activist group that encouraged teachers to lie to parents

Rick Zbur speaks at Equality California's Special 20th Anniversary Los Angeles Equality Awards, September 28, 2019. (Photo by Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for Equality California)Susannah Luthi • January 5, 2023 4:59 am

For years, Rick Chavez Zbur led a radical group that worked to make California a haven for kids who wanted to get sex change operations without parental consent. Now he’s pushing those same policies from inside the statehouse.

Zbur, who from 2014 through 2021 led the LGBTQ rights group Equality California, was elected to the California state assembly in November. A month later, he introduced the "Safe and Supportive Schools Act," a bill that would mandate schools subject teachers to taxpayer-funded "LGBTQ+ cultural competency" training, which Equality California lobbied to have included in the 2021 state budget. Course materials instruct teachers to hang pride flags in their classrooms and hide students’ "gender identities" and plans to "transition" from parents, unless informed otherwise by a pupil. The legislature has also said the training should instruct teachers on how to connect students with doctors who can "support" their transition.

Equality California, which under Zbur’s leadership grew into one of the state’s most powerful lobbying groups, is one of the driving forces behind California laws aimed at boosting LGBTQ "equity" in schools. State Democrats are forcing schools to embrace progressive views on sex and race even as students languish academically.  In 2022, only 7 percent of black eighth-graders met academic proficiency, according to the latest NAEP report card.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/meet-the-california-assemblyman-who-wants-teachers-to-help-students-get-sex-change-operations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

I won't say what should be done with Mr. Zbur.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How is it that only 50% of the country is bothered by this?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Millstones come to mind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because the rest have been programmed to ignore the downside of child mutilation--after all, they support it in the womb.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Especially considering this has only be a thing for a few years. People just fold and do what they're told because you know we got to be decent and civil and fair-minded and maintain our shiny image.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bungee jumping with a testicular harness? :whistle: