Author Topic: Sotomayor felt ‘sense of despair’ over Supreme Court’s direction  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sotomayor felt ‘sense of despair’ over Supreme Court’s direction
by Olafimihan Oshin - 01/04/23 8:48 PM ET

Justice Sonia Sotomayor said that she felt a “sense of despair” with the direction of the Supreme Court amid the fallout from its decision to overturn Roe v. Wade over the summer.

Speaking to an audience of law professors, Sotomayor said that she was “shell-shocked” and “deeply sad” about the court’s decision on abortion rights at the end of its term in June, according to Reuters. 

“I did have a sense of despair about the direction my court was going,” Sotomayor said via video at the annual meeting of the Association of American Law Schools in San Diego.

She did not explicitly mention the ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization or the draft opinion that was leaked into publicly before the Supreme Court’s eventual decision on the matter. 

Sotomayor, who was appointed to serve on the court by then-President Obama in 2009, added that she’ll continue to be a voice of dissent on the majority-conservative court and was optimistic the direction of the court will change in the future.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3799434-sotomayor-felt-sense-of-despair-over-supreme-courts-direction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Sotomayor felt ‘sense of despair’ over Supreme Court’s direction
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 02:53:49 pm »
:facepalm2:

Well, dearie, that certainly matches the "sense of despair" the rest of us felt when you were nominated and confirmed to the Court.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 02:58:57 pm »
:facepalm2:

Well, dearie, that certainly matches the "sense of despair" the rest of us felt when you were nominated and confirmed to the Court.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 03:22:46 pm »
So impartial. Apparently the Communist Manifesto is her Constitution.
The Republic is lost.