Author Topic: Stabenow to retire, creating GOP pickup opportunity in Michigan  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stabenow to retire, creating GOP pickup opportunity in Michigan
« on: January 05, 2023, 02:46:13 pm »
Stabenow to retire, creating GOP pickup opportunity in Michigan 
by Alexander Bolton - 01/05/23 9:21 AM ET

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), the chairwoman of the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee and a close ally of Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), announced Thursday she is not running for reelection in 2024. 

The announcement is a blow to Democrats’ hopes of keeping their Senate majority in 2025 as they face a tough Senate map this cycle. 

“Inspired by a new generation of leaders, I have decided to pass the torch in the U.S. Senate. I am announcing today that I will not seek re-election and will leave the U.S. Senate at the end of my term on January 3, 2025,” Stabenow announced Thursday. 

Stabenow, the chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, says she will focus on passing the farm bill, which provides hundreds of billions of dollars in support to agriculture, in the 118th Congress. 

“For the next two years, I am intensely focused on continuing this important work to improve the lives of Michiganders. This includes leading the passage of the next five-year Farm Bill which determines our nation’s food and agriculture policies,” she said.  

Democrats have to defend 23 Senate seats in the next election — including those held by Independent Sens. Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.), Bernie Sanders (Vt.) and Angus King (Maine).

Schumer also faces potential retirements in two red-leaning states, Montana and West Virginia, where centrist Sens. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) are mulling whether to run for reelection. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3800269-stabenow-to-retire-creating-gop-pickup-opportunity-in-michigan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Stabenow to retire, creating GOP pickup opportunity in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 02:50:38 pm »
Based on 2022, I'm quite certain that the GOP will do its level best to ensure that another democrat gets that seat.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 03:00:30 pm »
Based on 2022, I'm quite certain that the GOP will do its level best to ensure that another democrat gets that seat.

Mitch will do his best to ensure it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 07:24:14 pm »
Ugh, good riddance, but it's difficult to have any hope her replacement will be any better.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 08:31:57 pm »
Shhhh!  Don't tell The Turtle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 12:14:56 am »
The Pubbies won't be "pickin' up" nuthin' in Michigan, except false hopes...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 02:55:33 am »
The Pubbies won't be "pickin' up" nuthin' in Michigan, except false hopes...

Quoted for truth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 04:01:28 am »

Based on 2020 as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 07:10:57 pm »

The nice thing for democrats is in Michigan they can go on vacation for the campaign and still win.  Judging by the fake red headed fat *ss and Gary Peters, a democrat candidate doesn't even have to show up or campaign. ****sheep****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson