Author Topic: Border Wall Dismantled In Arizona As Katie Hobbs Becomes Governor  (Read 390 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Wall Dismantled In Arizona As Katie Hobbs Becomes Governor

BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, JAN 04, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Authored by Tom Ozimek via The Epoch Times,

Arizona has started to dismantle its makeshift border wall made of shipping containers that was championed by former Gov. Doug Ducey but faced opposition from newly minted Gov. Katie Hobbs and was the target of a Biden administration lawsuit.

Footage taken on Jan. 3 showed construction machinery removing a line of shipping containers placed along the U.S.–Mexico border in Yuma, Arizona, which coincided with the day Hobbs was sworn in as governor.

Ducey, who in mid-December agreed to dismantle the wall for which he had once been an ardent advocate, ordered disassembly of the makeshift barrier as one of his final acts in office.

He said earlier that the container wall was always meant to be a temporary construction intended to help stem the tide of illegal border crossings until a permanent solution could be found.

Illegal immigration has soared under President Joe Biden’s watch, with unauthorized crossings topping 2.76 million in fiscal year 2022, according to Customs and Border Protection data.

That figure broke the previous record by over 1 million and was more than twice the highest level notched during the tenure of former President Donald Trump, who made stemming illegal immigration a key part of his platform with his signature slogan “Build the Wall.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/border-wall-dismantled-arizona-katie-hobbs-becomes-governor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Border Wall Dismantled In Arizona As Katie Hobbs Becomes Governor
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 05:26:28 pm »
Does Arizona allow for the recall of a governor? Because I think in very short order her damage to the state will be stupefying.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:29:49 pm »
If she ordered this, she is an accessory to (aided and abetted) every illegal border crossing made where those containers stood.

That's a pretty full folder of felonies, even for a Democrat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 05:57:42 pm »
Does Arizona allow for the recall of a governor? Because I think in very short order her damage to the state will be stupefying.

Yes.

Cackles Part Deux will screw things up enough to bring it about.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »
If she ordered this, she is an accessory to (aided and abetted) every illegal border crossing made where those containers stood.

That's a pretty full folder of felonies, even for a Democrat.

But she had a mandate to do this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 06:41:44 pm »
TBH, Ducey ordered this last month.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 06:44:28 pm »
We need a new TV show "You voted for it!".

Of course there are many who consider even that claim dubious I realize. :D

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 07:56:43 pm »
But she had a mandate to do this.
I don't care who she's dating.

Apparently she finds her oath of office to be a joke, but the joke should be on her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 11:00:46 pm »
Who here expected otherwise?

There's no doubt to whom hobbs owes her allegiance, or from whom she takes her orders...