Author Topic: Biden Admin To Hike Fees On Legal Immigrants To Fund Processing Of Illegal Migrants Who Claim Asylum  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin To Hike Fees On Legal Immigrants To Fund Processing Of Illegal Migrants Who Claim Asylum
Jennie TaerJanuary 4, 20230

The Biden administration will increase the costs for legal immigrants to apply for permits, visas and green cards to help mitigate the backlog of asylum cases due to record surges of illegal immigration at the southern border, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced Tuesday.

The recent surge in illegal immigration has contributed to the years-long asylum backlogs, where applicants wait an average of 4.3 years nationwide to appear in court, according to Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC). Under the proposed new rules, H-1B application fees for skilled workers will jump from $60 to $780, fees for non-agricultural workers will jump from $460 to $1080 and fees for green card applicants will jump from $1,140 $1,540, USCIS said.

USCIS predicts the rule changes will bring in an average range of $5.2 billion and $6.4 billion each year in revenue, allowing for an additional $1.9 billion per year on average to support efforts to eliminate future backlogs, according to the agency.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/01/biden-admin-to-hike-fees-on-legal-immigrants-to-fund-processing-of-illegal-migrants-who-claim-asylum/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Somehow, I feel the people coming here legally will quickly diminish.  Why should they pay for the no loads coming here illegally and getting all the benefits of citizenship free? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson