Author Topic: Will Sea-Level Rise Drown NYC By 2050? Don’t Pack Your Bags Just Yet  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY STEVEN KOONIN ON JAN 5, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Will Sea-Level Rise Drown NYC By 2050? Don’t Pack Your Bags Just Yet

ny underwaterA recent National Aeronautics and Space Administration report yet again raises the alarm that New Yorkers are about to be inundated by rapidly rising seas.

But a review of the data suggests that such warnings need to be taken with more than a few grains of sea salt.

The record of sea level measured at the southern tip of Manhattan, known as the Battery, begins in 1856. [emphasis, links added]

It shows that today’s waters are 19 inches higher than they were 166 years ago, rising an average of 3.5 inches every 30 years.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/will-sea-level-rise-drown-nyc-by-2050-dont-pack-your-bags-just-yet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Will Sea-Level Rise Drown NYC By 2050? Don’t Pack Your Bags Just Yet
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 01:54:39 pm »
Wasn't this already supposed to be a done deal according to St. Algore?  Were there some thngs about the weather he wasn't aware of when he declared the drowning of NYC?  Surely such a great scientist and cult leader knows of everything!! wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 06:50:53 pm »
Didn't Obama just buy a house on Martha's Vineyard too? Odd seeing as it too will be underwater soon supposedly.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 07:54:34 pm »
What? They still aren't under water?

Okay, what is the holdup, already!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis