Author Topic: Even in battery fantasy dreams the costs don’t make sense  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Even in battery fantasy dreams the costs don’t make sense
« on: January 05, 2023, 02:03:45 pm »
Even in battery fantasy dreams the costs don’t make sense
By Jo Nova

The amount of storage America needs for a grid run on erratic wind and solar power is so galactically vast the numbers don’t matter.  Because every which way they are calculated, every estimate, the highest one, the lowest one, it doesn’t make any difference. They are all unaffordable.

And they’re not just unaffordable in the sense that it hurts. They’re unaffordable in the sense that there is no economy left.

Basically America would need 12,500 times as many batteries as it has now. At current prices this would cost about $175 trillion dollars, which is eight times the entire GDP of the United States.

Some researchers predict costs will fall, but even at fantasy low ball estimates that are one tenth of current prices, the cost of those batteries is still nearly $20 trillion.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/01/even-in-battery-fantasy-dreams-the-costs-dont-make-sense/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=even-in-battery-fantasy-dreams-the-costs-dont-make-sense
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson