Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 44386 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1550 on: January 10, 2023, 03:16:47 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

BTW,this whole "hyponated American" crap is a tool the left uses to divide us.

As in "Divide and conquer".

It does nothing but make us weaker so that America can be destoyed as a nation of free people.

BTW,PLEASE show these posts to your relatives and let me (us?) know what they think about them. I am really curious about this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1551 on: January 10, 2023, 03:36:32 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin There is no such thing as a hyphenated-American".  They are either Americans or they are not. You can thank me later.

That's right, but I will stand with @Maj. Bill Martin on this one... Not to the point of whining and crying and carrying on... But Asian Americans tend to be Conservative, and there ain't no sense in pissing them off unduly. Lord knows they get enough of that from the liberals.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #1552 on: January 10, 2023, 04:46:32 pm »
It was mostly middle-aged rich white male Globalist kleptocrats who sold out our country to the Chi-Coms.

Many Asians' families immigrated to the United States to escape Communist oppression in North Korea, China, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.

That orange bigot, The Donald, should got back to his old job at Pizza Hut

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1553 on: January 10, 2023, 11:48:32 pm »
"MTG reveals why she backed Kevin McCarthy for Speaker from the start—"   (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1612861616722251810

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1554 on: January 10, 2023, 11:59:34 pm »
It was mostly middle-aged rich white male Globalist kleptocrats who sold out our country to the Chi-Coms.

Many Asians' families immigrated to the United States to escape Communist oppression in North Korea, China, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.

That orange bigot, The Donald, should got back to his old job at Pizza Hut

@DefiantMassRINO

Are you a professional fool,or is this just a  hobby?

Offline corbe

« Reply #1555 on: January 11, 2023, 12:18:35 am »
   And I thought MTG sold out for a powerful committee chair. 

I still think she sold out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #1556 on: January 11, 2023, 12:45:37 am »
@DefiantMassRINO

Are you a professional fool,or is this just a  hobby?

@sneakypete - to be a professional I'd need to be paid ... this is just a hobby.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1557 on: January 11, 2023, 01:22:48 am »
@sneakypete - to be a professional I'd need to be paid ... this is just a hobby.

@DefiantMassRINO

Well,don't give  up on the pay. There are dozens of people making millions from it by getting on tv as "Political consultants".

Hell,"Professional Fool" is now one of the highest paid and most respected work fields these days.

Just look at Slow Joe,for one example.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1558 on: January 11, 2023, 03:24:41 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

BTW,this whole "hyponated American" crap is a tool the left uses to divide us.

1) You are being overly-literal.  I know plenty of people who say "I'm Irish", or "I'm Italian", etc., and in context, everyone knows exactly what they mean.  They're talking about their ancestors' ethnicity, not their nationality or national loyalty.  And the same with "Asian-American" or whatever.  Hell, "Asia" isn't even a country at all, so it's clearly just ethnicity and not nationality to which they are referring.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But even if you or I do, that doesn't matter, because....

2) most people/voters don't think that way.  Right now, there are two cases in front of the Supreme Court dealing with colleges discriminating against Asian-Americans (and really, everyone who isn't black).  Should they not have filed those lawsuits because ethnicity "doesn't matter", even though it very clearly matters to those elitist schools that are discriminating?  There are those high schools in Virginia that are refusing to hand out National Merit Scholar recognition because too many Asian kids are winning those rewards.  Should those parents pretend that discrimination against Asian-Americans students in those districts doesn't exist, when it very clearly does?

3) that is the exact context you are ignoring.  Again, whether you or I think that should matter is irrelevant, because there are both perpetrators and victims of discrimination to whom ethnicity matters very much.  And Trump using a stupid slur like "Coco Chow" makes those people think that he looks down on Asian-Americans (or the more awkward "people who have Asian ethnicity") as well because of their ethnicity.   Ask yourself -- why does he use "Chow" instead of her actual name, which is "Chao"?  He surely knows the difference, and even if he didn't it surely would have been brought to his attention after the first time he said it.  But he does it anyway, because he thinks "Chow" -- you know, like in "Chow Mein", is just funny.  And he truly doesn't care if it offends or pisses off any members of that ethnic group because he doesn't think he needs any of their votes anyway.  He's suffering under the delusion that hardcore MAGA voters are actually a majority of the electorate.

I'm just waiting for Trump to play the "Kunta Kinte" on Senator Tim Scott the first time he displays "disloyalty".

BTW,PLEASE show these posts to your relatives and let me (us?) know what they think about them. I am really curious about this.

You mean show them the argument that they shouldn't be offended by "Coco Chow" because ethnicity shouldn't matter, even though it very clearly matters to Trump?  I don't think so.  I mean, I can take my older brother, but I think I'd deserve to get punched in the mouth for telling him he shouldn't be upset about it.  I personally think it was a despicable thing for Trump to say.  If he wanted to attack her for being soft on China, fine.  But to do that with ethnic-based name calling is simply repugnant.  To me, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 03:27:41 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DB

« Reply #1559 on: January 11, 2023, 06:17:40 am »
1) You are being overly-literal.  I know plenty of people who say "I'm Irish", or "I'm Italian", etc., and in context, everyone knows exactly what they mean.  They're talking about their ancestors' ethnicity, not their nationality or national loyalty.  And the same with "Asian-American" or whatever.  Hell, "Asia" isn't even a country at all, so it's clearly just ethnicity and not nationality to which they are referring.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But even if you or I do, that doesn't matter, because....

2) most people/voters don't think that way.  Right now, there are two cases in front of the Supreme Court dealing with colleges discriminating against Asian-Americans (and really, everyone who isn't black).  Should they not have filed those lawsuits because ethnicity "doesn't matter", even though it very clearly matters to those elitist schools that are discriminating?  There are those high schools in Virginia that are refusing to hand out National Merit Scholar recognition because too many Asian kids are winning those rewards.  Should those parents pretend that discrimination against Asian-Americans students in those districts doesn't exist, when it very clearly does?

3) that is the exact context you are ignoring.  Again, whether you or I think that should matter is irrelevant, because there are both perpetrators and victims of discrimination to whom ethnicity matters very much.  And Trump using a stupid slur like "Coco Chow" makes those people think that he looks down on Asian-Americans (or the more awkward "people who have Asian ethnicity") as well because of their ethnicity.   Ask yourself -- why does he use "Chow" instead of her actual name, which is "Chao"?  He surely knows the difference, and even if he didn't it surely would have been brought to his attention after the first time he said it.  But he does it anyway, because he thinks "Chow" -- you know, like in "Chow Mein", is just funny.  And he truly doesn't care if it offends or pisses off any members of that ethnic group because he doesn't think he needs any of their votes anyway.  He's suffering under the delusion that hardcore MAGA voters are actually a majority of the electorate.

I'm just waiting for Trump to play the "Kunta Kinte" on Senator Tim Scott the first time he displays "disloyalty".

You mean show them the argument that they shouldn't be offended by "Coco Chow" because ethnicity shouldn't matter, even though it very clearly matters to Trump?  I don't think so.  I mean, I can take my older brother, but I think I'd deserve to get punched in the mouth for telling him he shouldn't be upset about it.  I personally think it was a despicable thing for Trump to say.  If he wanted to attack her for being soft on China, fine.  But to do that with ethnic-based name calling is simply repugnant.  To me, anyway.

The name calling is repugnant period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1560 on: January 11, 2023, 12:04:16 pm »
1) You are being overly-literal.  I know plenty of people who say "I'm Irish", or "I'm Italian", etc., and in context, everyone knows exactly what they mean.

@May Bill Martin

The same can be said for you after reading the above sentence.

Is it or is it NOT a fact that when black Americans claim "I am African!" they are literally claiming they ARE Africans,NOT black people whose ancestors came here from Africa? Hell,changing their given English names to African names was common after "Roots" came out. Actually it was common amongst black radicals/communists BEFORE Roots was published or aired,but there for a while it was mainstream. May even be mainstream now in some areas,for all I know.

And the same with "Asian-American" or whatever.  Hell, "Asia" isn't even a country at all, so it's clearly just ethnicity and not nationality to which they are referring.

Africa isn't a nation,either. It is a continent.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But even if you or I do, that doesn't matter, because....

2) most people/voters don't think......

That is very true. Most Americans of all nationalities vote for whoever promises to give them the most
"free stuff"

Right now, there are two cases in front of the Supreme Court dealing with colleges discriminating against Asian-Americans (and really, everyone who isn't black)

I may well be wrong because my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be,but I think this has been happening since the 70's.  LOTS of people seemed to be upset at the economic successes of Asians in the US and seemed to think they wee so successful because Asians were born with some sort of "success gene" that gave them an unfair advantage over everyone else.

What THESE people were displaying was their own "jealousy and ignorance genes". The truth of the matter is Asians tend to do better than other races because their culture teaches them to work hard if they want to succeed, and being successful in life is probably THE number one focus of every Asian I have ever met.

Of course,"being successful in life" means different things to different people. For example,a rice farmer would consider himself successful if he had several sons and more than one water buffalo to farm with,as well as more fields to work,and an Asian child born in a city will be working towards at least working in an office,if not owning the office.

I am sure there are exceptions,but I personally never met an Asian in 5 years of living in Asia that was a slacker. It was almost like they ranked child molesters and lazy people in the same social categories. You might be related to one of these people,but you would be ashamed to admit it.

There ain't a damn thing genetic about it.You almost never meet an Asian that was born and raised in Asia that seems to be stupid or lazy because being stupid or lazy is considered to be shameful in every Asian culture I have been exposed to. Hell,it was common for the Montangad tribes for men we hired to be soldiers during the VN war to save their money and use it to send their younger brothers and sisters off to school in other countries because the VN were so prejudiced against the "natives" (the Montangards were the original people in VN). The Asians that were there came from ancestors that immigrated there primarily from China. I knew several "hill tribesmen" who sent their younger brothers to Japan to attend a private school,using money they earned working as mercenary soldiers for us.

And it also has to be said that the (primarily) Catholic orphanages did a first-class,if sometimes brutal,job of educating the orphans they took in so they would be able to get jobs and support themselves when they left the orphanage.

Should they not have filed those lawsuits because ethnicity "doesn't matter", even though it very clearly matters to those elitist schools that are discriminating?  There are those high schools in Virginia that are refusing to hand out National Merit Scholar recognition because too many Asian kids are winning those rewards. 

As I wrote above,the Asian kids tend to dominate because generally speaking,they work harder than anyone else.

Should those parents pretend that discrimination against Asian-Americans students in those districts doesn't exist, when it very clearly does?

The difference is these people have VERY good reasons to complain. The PRIME one being racial discrimination because their genetics doesn't have a damn thing to do with their success. Their success comes from a culture that DEMANDS they work hard to succeed,while the people doing all the whining and bitching come from cultures that admire people who get something for nothing.

3) that is the exact context you are ignoring.  Again, whether you or I think that should matter is irrelevant,

Seems like almost everything I think is irrelevant to most people. This amuses me more than it pisses me off.

because there are both perpetrators and victims of discrimination to whom ethnicity matters very much.

These people are parasites,so who,other than the creatures we call "politicians" cares what they "feel". I wrote "feel" because these creatures seem to be incapable of actually thinking.

And Trump using a stupid slur like "Coco Chow" makes those people think that he looks down on Asian-Americans (or the more awkward "people who have Asian ethnicity") as well because of their ethnicity. 

I missed that,but have no doubt it happened. That was a MASSIVE brain fart for a man trying to gain a political office.

Ask yourself -- why does he use "Chow" instead of her actual name, which is "Chao"? 

I don't know because I am not him,but I am GUESSING because they sound so much alike?

He surely knows the difference, and even if he didn't it surely would have been brought to his attention after the first time he said it.  But he does it anyway, because he thinks "Chow" -- you know, like in "Chow Mein", is just funny.  And he truly doesn't care if it offends or pisses off any members of that ethnic group because he doesn't think he needs any of their votes anyway.  He's suffering under the delusion that hardcore MAGA voters are actually a majority of the electorate.

I have no idea why he does that,but I do wish he would stop. Your claim that " He's suffering under the delusion that hardcore MAGA voters are actually a majority of the electorate." shows your own biases. The truth is you don't know why he does that any more than I do.

I have no doubt about that. How will you celebrate?

To start with,telling someone they shouldn't be offended by anything is too close to ordering them to not be offended. You can,and maybe should,depending on the circumstances,try to teach them to see your POV,much like  you are doing with me,but TELLING someone other than a child what to think or say is wrong.

But you are obviously a smart man and know that.

The truth seems to be that both of us have now devolved to the point where we are arguing about "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" territory.

I think that for the most part,we are in agreement,although how each of us "got there" was by treading on different "paths".

And we both like to argue and have the last word. You more than me,obviously. (G)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:15:57 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1561 on: January 11, 2023, 06:50:59 pm »
I missed that,but have no doubt it happened. That was a MASSIVE brain fart for a man trying to gain a political office.
I don't know because I am not him,but I am GUESSING because they sound so much alike?  I have no idea why he does that,but I do wish he would stop.

The nickname was my only point.  I didn't care who he goes after for ties to China -- we need more of that, actually.  He first did something like that back in August, when he blasted her as "Coco Chao".  Spelled correctly, though, which shows that he knows the difference.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/108880263911466699

But then, at the end of September during the home stretch for the midterms, he decided to blast McConnell and his wife again, except this time he changes it to "Coco Chow", for which he just got hammered by pretty much everyone.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109089793652113562

And so just last week, he "Coco Chow's" her twice again:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109628095735391441

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109631120959426595

It's just a stupid, unforced error that does nothing but hurt the conservative cause.  And he doesn't seem to care because he keeps doing it despite the pushback.

Your claim that " He's suffering under the delusion that hardcore MAGA voters are actually a majority of the electorate." shows your own biases. The truth is you don't know why he does that any more than I do.

Well, you're right.  That's just a guess on my part.  It seems to me he really like the applause, and doesn't give two craps about the boos.  And I don't know how to interpret that other than he doesn't care what people think about him unless they already like him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 06:52:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1562 on: January 13, 2023, 07:54:46 pm »
"BREAKING: @mattgaetz applauds Kevin McCarthy for keeping his promises as Speaker in new Republican Congress". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1613953673562030080

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1563 on: January 13, 2023, 08:08:33 pm »
"BREAKING: @mattgaetz applauds Kevin McCarthy for keeping his promises as Speaker in new Republican Congress". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1613953673562030080

:thumbsup:

So though all the gnashing of teeth last week, and us yelling at each other........   Was the FC tantrum worth it?

Starting to look that way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1564 on: January 14, 2023, 02:12:49 am »

:thumbsup:

So though all the gnashing of teeth last week, and us yelling at each other........   Was the FC tantrum worth it?

Starting to look that way.

Well...they have yet to accomplish anything.  I still think some of those new rules will backfire.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1565 on: October 04, 2023, 01:29:15 am »
Looks like we're gonna need another thread.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #1566 on: October 04, 2023, 02:15:30 am »
    I've seen that sequel~It sucks.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1567 on: October 04, 2023, 02:29:39 am »
The nickname was my only point.  I didn't care who he goes after for ties to China -- we need more of that, actually.  He first did something like that back in August, when he blasted her as "Coco Chao".  Spelled correctly, though, which shows that he knows the difference.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/108880263911466699

But then, at the end of September during the home stretch for the midterms, he decided to blast McConnell and his wife again, except this time he changes it to "Coco Chow", for which he just got hammered by pretty much everyone.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109089793652113562

And so just last week, he "Coco Chow's" her twice again:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109628095735391441

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109631120959426595

It's just a stupid, unforced error that does nothing but hurt the conservative cause.  And he doesn't seem to care because he keeps doing it despite the pushback.

Well, you're right.  That's just a guess on my part.  It seems to me he really like the applause, and doesn't give two craps about the boos.  And I don't know how to interpret that other than he doesn't care what people think about him unless they already like him.

Lol, I tried looking at the links at Trump's truthsocial...

I must be on another list somewhere... this time via The Trump Train no post list.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1568 on: October 04, 2023, 02:42:59 am »
BKMK Time travel
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1569 on: October 04, 2023, 12:24:59 pm »
Lol, I tried looking at the links at Trump's truthsocial...

I must be on another list somewhere... this time via The Trump Train no post list.

:laugh:
Freedom of speech I guess?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1570 on: October 04, 2023, 01:16:47 pm »
 Gaetz knocks Speaker pro tem for sending lawmakers home to ‘cry for a week’
by Lauren Sforza - 10/04/23 8:32 AM ET

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) is already taking aim at Speaker pro tempore Patrick McHenry (R-N.C), saying that he should not send lawmakers home for the next week.

“I do have to offer some pretty sharp criticism of the new pro tem of the House, Patrick McHenry,” Gaetz said on Newsmax’s “The Balance” with host Eric Bolling on Tuesday. “We met tonight, and he sent us home until Tuesday of next week.”

“We should be here tomorrow, working to elect a new Speaker, getting onto our appropriations bills and engaging in a negotiation with the Senate to get the government funded, but instead these people got to go home and cry for a week,” he continued. “They’ve got to go do a week of hand wringing and bedwetting over the fact that Kevin McCarthy isn’t speaker anymore. This institution is about more than one man.”

Gaetz spearheaded the effort to oust former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) from his leadership role Tuesday afternoon after months of threatening to do so. The House voted to oust McCarthy as Speaker in a 216-210 vote, with all Democrats and eight Republicans joining forces to remove him.

After the vote, McHenry was declared Speaker pro tempore. He said the House would go into recess so that Democrats and Republicans could meet separately to “discuss the path forward.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4237607-gaetz-knocks-mchenry-for-sending-lawmakers-home/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1571 on: October 04, 2023, 01:26:29 pm »

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) is already taking aim at Speaker pro tempore Patrick McHenry (R-N.C), saying that he should not send lawmakers home for the next week.

“I do have to offer some pretty sharp criticism of the new pro tem of the House, Patrick McHenry,” Gaetz said on Newsmax’s “The Balance” with host Eric Bolling on Tuesday. “We met tonight, and he sent us home until Tuesday of next week.”

“We should be here tomorrow, working to elect a new Speaker, getting onto our appropriations bills and engaging in a negotiation with the Senate to get the government funded, but instead these people got to go home and cry for a week,” he continued. “They’ve got to go do a week of hand wringing and bedwetting over the fact that Kevin McCarthy isn’t speaker anymore. This institution is about more than one man.”

Gaetz spearheaded the effort to oust former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) from his leadership role Tuesday afternoon after months of threatening to do so. The House voted to oust McCarthy as Speaker in a 216-210 vote, with all Democrats and eight Republicans joining forces to remove him.

After the vote, McHenry was declared Speaker pro tempore. He said the House would go into recess so that Democrats and Republicans could meet separately to “discuss the path forward.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4237607-gaetz-knocks-mchenry-for-sending-lawmakers-home/

We could easily have President Harris by next week.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1572 on: October 04, 2023, 01:38:17 pm »

With Brandon's health/dementia, that's been a possibility for quite awhile; though, I still believe that would be short lived and the DEMS will find a reason for her to disappear.  OR -- the VP she names will be a blow to the GOP (Michael O'Bammy, Valerie Jarret, Susan Rice, or maybe even Eric Holder).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1573 on: October 04, 2023, 01:41:17 pm »

more

Gee Matt, then maybe you should file another Motion to Vacate to get rid of him.

And by the way, the vast majority of the GOP caucus couldn't care less what you have to say anymore.  Which is why McCarthy was right to tell you to just get it over with.  The tail couldn't continue to wag the dog forever.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:44:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1574 on: October 04, 2023, 01:56:23 pm »

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.