Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 44384 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2023, 03:32:59 am »
I gotta ask, @Right_in_Virginia .  Is your hard-on for a Swamp-loving Establishment hack like Kevin McCarthy because of Trump supporting him?  Or is it because Mike Pence supports him?

Should a man in your position be talking about a "hard on"?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2023, 04:28:23 am »
I'd start here ...  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1610791512505303040

"Ask him if he apologized to me in private...."

That makes it sound like Gaetz is letting his personal hurt feelings affect his decision on the vote for Speaker, which isn't a good look for any representative, regardless of how true it may be.

I mean, wasn't Gaetz out there just recently publicly calling McCarthy the biggest alligator in the swamp?  Not really sure what interpersonal pleasantries he expected after that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:29:53 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2023, 04:29:47 am »
Should a man in your position be talking about a "hard on"?

I'm not the one here blindly backing the Mike Pence-supporting Swamp-loving GOP Establishment hack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2023, 04:33:27 am »
A Significant Majority of Republican Voters Agree With the GOP Rebels

STACEY LENNOX  |  1:36 PM ON JANUARY 04, 2023

The Republican establishment that still believes they can manage voters’ expectations to maintain the status quo may want to do a reality check. The base had high expectations in 2022, and the elections did not meet those expectations. Many voters suspect that at least some establishment Republicans put a greater emphasis on ensuring that candidates tied to President Trump did not win than on winning back the Senate and a more significant majority in the House.

Then, the GOP members they did manage to elect voted to keep the wildly unpopular Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as Senate Republican Leader. Then, with a RealClearPolitics average favorability rating of -33%, McConnell turned around and betrayed Republican voters by helping Democrats pass a $1.7 trillion Omnibus package along with 17 of his colleagues.

No one should be surprised that Republican voters are fed up. They organized the Tea Party and elected candidates who promised fiscal responsibility. When that did not work, they elected a reality television star as president. Yet the incumbents in Washington still don’t learn.  .  .  .

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2023/01/04/a-significant-majority-of-republican-voters-agree-with-the-gop-rebels-n1658511

Well what do you know?  These 21 "terrorists" as one Establishment champion calls them, actually do represent a majority of Republican voters.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2023, 04:37:21 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2023, 04:44:43 am »
Let's not forget what McCarthy had to say about Jan 6.

https://twitter.com/BarnettforAZ/status/1610737811082317824

And you #AlwaysTrumpers support this?  THIS?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:45:36 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2023, 04:59:27 am »
Kevin McCarthy on Trump and Jan 6:

"The President bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters."

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2023, 05:08:26 am »
 :bkmk:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2023, 06:11:30 am »
I'm not the one here blindly backing the Mike Pence-supporting Swamp-loving GOP Establishment hack.

Ever notice some folks  have a 100.000000% correlation with whatever Trump, says, thinks, or  breathes?  No matter how contradictory....

Amazing isn't it???.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2023, 06:14:03 am »

Neither am I.

I simply do not support ten percent of a Caucus ------ any Caucus ------ holding the nation hostage.  In the end these clowns are going to hurt our agenda along with themselves.  It's time for them to close down their tent and let the ninety percent get to work.

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2023, 06:29:39 am »
Let's not forget what McCarthy had to say about Jan 6.

https://twitter.com/BarnettforAZ/status/1610737811082317824

And you #AlwaysTrumpers support this?  THIS?

Of course not  -------  Just as supporters of the President didn't support Ted Cruz calling Jan 6  a “violent terrorist attack".  McCarthy apologized to the President and Cruz apologized to the base.  The choice is to accept the apology and move on or continue to obsess over it two years later like a premenstrual teenager.       

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 06:58:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2023, 08:38:14 am »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2023, 12:50:39 pm »
So, when is the next vote scheduled?

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2023, 01:01:31 pm »
So, when is the next vote scheduled?

Today.  They reconvene at noon.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2023, 01:15:19 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2023, 01:48:08 pm »

Perfect graphic since Congress is left wing sponored blood suckers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2023, 01:51:59 pm »
This is who folks are betting the farm on.  In this rambling, incoherent diatribe Boebert not only proves there is no plan, but also admits McCarthy's replacement doesn't have to be a conservative.  . (Video)

https://youtu.be/_hF5aw5K9-Q

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:54:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2023, 02:01:51 pm »
This is who folks are betting the farm on.  In this rambling, incoherent diatribe Boebert not only proves there is no plan, but also admits McCarthy's replacement doesn't have to be a conservative.  . (Video)

https://youtu.be/_hF5aw5K9-Q

Think I'll start posting multi-thread anti-trump pieces too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2023, 02:03:17 pm »
McCarthy sweetens his offer to House GOP rebels

Alayna Treene, author of Axios Sneak Peek

4 January, 2023

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy offered fresh concessions on Wednesday evening in an attempt to keep his speakership bid alive, multiple GOP sources told Axios.

Between the lines: It's unclear whether the 20 House GOP rebels will accept the offer, although one GOP member called the plan "an amazing deal they'd be dumb to turn down."

McCarthy's proposal, according to sources familiar with the plan:

One member motion to vacate, instead of five.
More House Freedom Caucus members on the House Rules Committee.
Promises to hold votes on controversial term limit and border security bills.
What's next: The House resumes at noon eastern time on Thursday.

CNN reported details of the concessions earlier on Wednesday evening.

Source:  https://www.axios.com/2023/01/05/kevin-mccarthy-concessions-speaker-vote

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2023, 02:05:48 pm »
McCarthy sweetens his offer to House GOP rebels

Alayna Treene, author of Axios Sneak Peek

4 January, 2023

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy offered fresh concessions on Wednesday evening in an attempt to keep his speakership bid alive, multiple GOP sources told Axios.

Between the lines: It's unclear whether the 20 House GOP rebels will accept the offer, although one GOP member called the plan "an amazing deal they'd be dumb to turn down."

McCarthy's proposal, according to sources familiar with the plan:

One member motion to vacate, instead of five.
More House Freedom Caucus members on the House Rules Committee.
Promises to hold votes on controversial term limit and border security bills.
What's next: The House resumes at noon eastern time on Thursday.

CNN reported details of the concessions earlier on Wednesday evening.

Source:  https://www.axios.com/2023/01/05/kevin-mccarthy-concessions-speaker-vote

Fingers crossed.  I'm okay letting   him have it with a 6 inch leash.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2023, 02:09:12 pm »

Even so, I bet the boy doesn't make it a year as Speaker.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2023, 02:12:19 pm »
Even so, I bet the boy doesn't make it a year as Speaker.

Spot on...  I have a feeling McCarthy is going to be his own worst enemy once he is handed the gavel.

This might work out just right.  This will give enough time for Jim Jordon to jump start the judical grilling of the Biden Criminal Operation.
Then rightfully hand him the Speakership he deserved in the first place. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2023, 02:12:33 pm »
A Significant Majority of Republican Voters Agree With the GOP Rebels

STACEY LENNOX  |  1:36 PM ON JANUARY 04, 2023

The Republican establishment that still believes they can manage voters’ expectations to maintain the status quo may want to do a reality check. The base had high expectations in 2022, and the elections did not meet those expectations. Many voters suspect that at least some establishment Republicans put a greater emphasis on ensuring that candidates tied to President Trump did not win than on winning back the Senate and a more significant majority in the House.

Then, the GOP members they did manage to elect voted to keep the wildly unpopular Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as Senate Republican Leader. Then, with a RealClearPolitics average favorability rating of -33%, McConnell turned around and betrayed Republican voters by helping Democrats pass a $1.7 trillion Omnibus package along with 17 of his colleagues.

No one should be surprised that Republican voters are fed up. They organized the Tea Party and elected candidates who promised fiscal responsibility. When that did not work, they elected a reality television star as president. Yet the incumbents in Washington still don’t learn.  .  .  .

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2023/01/04/a-significant-majority-of-republican-voters-agree-with-the-gop-rebels-n1658511

Well what do you know?  These 21 "terrorists" as one Establishment champion calls them, actually do represent a majority of Republican voters.  Go figure.

The article doesn't support the headline.  The article shows that a majority of voters were dissatisfied with the midterms, and are unhappy about the performance of the RNC.  It says nothing about the current speakership battle, much less that a majority of Republican voters are in favor of this holdout.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2023, 02:14:40 pm »

A 6 inch leash with one of those dog training collars. You know, the kind that will beep if you’re starting to side with the Dems and will shock you if you passively approve another ridiculous spending bill.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.