Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 44778 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:53:39 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:53:22 pm »
 :bkmk:

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 09:54:59 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 09:55:23 pm »
 :patriot:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 09:56:45 pm »
 :pop41:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 10:00:23 pm »
Warren Davidson Lists Concessions McCarthy Made to People Who Voted Against His Speakership

Rep. Warren Davidson (R-OH) nominated Leader Kevin McCarthy for the speakership Wednesday on the fifth speakership ballot, after the fourth did not produce a victor.

Davidson highlighted a laundry list of concessions that McCarthy promised many Republicans who have repeatedly voted against him, and he urged those members to rally behind the California representative.

He then listed a number of the rules that McCarthy adopted at the request of those representatives who have repeatedly voted against him:

“Andrew Clyde’s proposal to restore public access to the Capitol”
        “Lauren Boebert’s proposal to reduce the linkage between the NRCC and the steering committee process”
        “Gary Palmer’s proposal to cap spending on suspension bills”
        “Ralph Norman’s proposal to limit leadership reports and make conference more about engaging all members”
        “Chip Roy’s proposal to provide a five-day notice for suspension votes”
        “Dan Bishop’s proposal in privileged resolutions”
        “Scott Perry’s proposal for additional conference meetings ahead of key votes”
        “Bob Good’s proposal on stand alone appropriations bills”
        “Andy Biggs’ proposal limiting suspension waivers from committees”
        “Chip Roy’s proposal to make cosponsored amendments in order”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/04/watch-warren-davidson-lists-concessions-mccarthy-made-to-people-who-voted-against-his-speakership/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 10:04:02 pm »
@Free Vulcan

Thanks for posting video.  It is the only confirmation I've had that shows that my Rep exists.  Can't reach him by phone.  Can't reach him by office text.  But from the video, I did see him stand up from his $2,000 leather bound, exquisitely cushioned mahogany chair to utter the name 'McCarthy'.  Bastard.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 10:04:41 pm »
 :2popcorn:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 10:19:06 pm »
Gutfeld said to wake him when the plane lands or crashes!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 10:21:35 pm »
Warren Davidson Lists Concessions McCarthy Made to People Who Voted Against His Speakership

Rep. Warren Davidson (R-OH) nominated Leader Kevin McCarthy for the speakership Wednesday on the fifth speakership ballot, after the fourth did not produce a victor.

Davidson highlighted a laundry list of concessions that McCarthy promised many Republicans who have repeatedly voted against him, and he urged those members to rally behind the California representative.

I believe the holdup is a proposal by Donalds to restore the rule that was in place pre-Pelosi where only one person is needed to challenge the Speaker's chair.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 10:23:21 pm »
Gutfeld said to wake him when the plane lands or crashes!

I'm watching too...love Greg..
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 10:26:27 pm »
InGodWeTrust
@_yogi_Bear_61
·
33m
Anyone wanna bet Kevin McCarthy cuts a deal with the Democrats and screws us all.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2023, 10:31:10 pm »
JESSE JAMES
@1bigJawBone
Just in: Rumors going around; McCarthy might drop out

JESSE JAMES
@1bigJawBone
I'm hearing Chip Roy's named being tossed around. Wouldn't it be great if Chip Roy was the speaker?
4:18 PM · Jan 4, 2023
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2023, 10:40:19 pm »
I'm getting ready to head out to tennis practice later.  What are the odds that we have a Speaker by the time I get back?
 **nononono*
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 10:45:35 pm »
I'm getting ready to head out to tennis practice later.  What are the odds that we have a Speaker by the time I get back?
 **nononono*

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 10:56:09 pm »
 **nononono*

I'm just wondering when one Critter takes a swing at the other? What's the over and under on that? :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2023, 10:57:25 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 11:01:40 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 11:07:36 pm »
This guy nails it.  Rep. Scott Perry from PA.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 11:21:51 pm »
Great speech. Too bad so many are willing to fold for the "sure thing" instead of principle.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 11:25:40 pm »
Lauren Boebert

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 11:33:41 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 12:53:01 am »
Ben Domenech
@bdomenech
·
12s
Adam Kinzinger has joined CNN! What's your reaction?

https://twitter.com/KevinTober94/status/1610795461740208140

Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 12:57:38 am »
The vote is in:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-