Author Topic: Dan Crenshaw pitches solution to border crisis to unite Democrats and Republicans  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dan Crenshaw pitches solution to border crisis to unite Democrats and Republicans
Story by Anna Giaritelli • Yesterday 3:56 PM

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) went a step further than GOP leadership in his proposal to end the crisis at the nation's borders, where federal law enforcement has encountered illegal immigrants approximately 5 million times since President Joe Biden took office.

Crenshaw, a top contender to take over the House Homeland Security Committee, said the historic crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border can be handled with one major change followed by several other twists. The plan may be able to appeal to both parties and includes ideas that centrist Democrats on the border have endorsed.

"Let’s solve the border crisis in one tweet. Instead of spending billions more on 'processing,' spend more money on jet fuel. Pack planes full of migrants who cross illegally and deport them immediately. The crisis will end within months," Crenshaw wrote in a string of tweets Monday evening.

"In summary: fund airplanes, holding facilities, immigration judges, ICE prosecutors, walls, and technology capable of detecting fentanyl. And stop the abuses of our asylum system. That’s what border security would look like," he wrote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dan-crenshaw-pitches-solution-to-border-crisis-to-unite-democrats-and-republicans/ar-AA15WjxW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0d81b79f528047b2b9224efcd248087c
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson