Author Topic: Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’  (Read 2958 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 05:35:41 pm »
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
·
58m
JUST IN: Bills safety Damar Hamlin is awake and holding hands with his family.

Great news!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 05:36:22 pm »
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
·
58m
JUST IN: Bills safety Damar Hamlin is awake and holding hands with his family.

Great news!

Praise God!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 05:40:25 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 05:41:30 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2023, 06:30:25 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2023, 07:04:30 pm »
LUNGS?
Neurologically intact. If he's survived this without brain damage, it's amazing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 09:05:17 pm »
LUNGS?

Oh, you noticed that too. No mention of his heart, but "his lungs continue to heal". That makes me think that the problem was not the commotio cordis loudly proclaimed by the media, but actually a pulmonary embolism (that is, a blood clot in the lungs) which can cause the same symptoms seen on the field.  I am glad to read that the quick action by the trainers and EMTs appears to have prevented brain damage.
Let it burn.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 09:13:52 pm »
Neurologically intact. If he's survived this without brain damage, it's amazing.

I hope and pray that's the case ... but I also wonder what they mean by 'intact'.  Does that mean 'not brain dead' or 'no ill effects'?  Big difference there.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:14 pm »
He reportedly is responsive. Wrote the question, "Did we win?"

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 09:50:18 pm »

That's fantastic!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2023, 09:51:06 pm »
Blood clots in the lungs?

Oh, you noticed that too. No mention of his heart, but "his lungs continue to heal". That makes me think that the problem was not the commotio cordis loudly proclaimed by the media, but actually a pulmonary embolism (that is, a blood clot in the lungs) which can cause the same symptoms seen on the field.  I am glad to read that the quick action by the trainers and EMTs appears to have prevented brain damage.

Yeah... That's where I was going... Clot-shot...

Online rustynail

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2023, 09:53:06 pm »
Will he be available for the playoffs?

Online DB

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2023, 09:54:29 pm »
Will he be available for the playoffs?

He's going to be very lucky to be "available" at all.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:28 pm »

He was out for 3 or four days and still had more cognitive ability than John Fetterman!

Too soon?  ;)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2023, 10:19:07 pm »
It can be a long road from "responsive" to able to play again. Sometimes folks just don't get that far.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2023, 10:22:22 pm »
It can be a long road from "responsive" to able to play again. Sometimes folks just don't get that far.

Yeah, but having one's wits about them, and being neurologically intact, is a mighty leap in the right direction.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2023, 01:21:54 am »
Yeah, but having one's wits about them, and being neurologically intact, is a mighty leap in the right direction.
It's a good start.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2023, 02:31:04 am »
He was out for 3 or four days and still had more cognitive ability than John Fetterman!

Too soon?  ;)
LOLOLOLOL....there goes my coffee all over the keyboard.  Brilliant!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2023, 11:16:29 pm »
Andrew Bostom, MD, MS
@andrewbostom
Important, illuminating read: Why interventional Cardiologist Sanjay Verma is “100% certain” Damar Hamlin @HamlinIsland did NOT experience cardiac arrest because of commotio cordis https://sanjayverma-66740.medium.com/cardiac-arrest

Sanjay Verma, MD FACC
Sanjay Verma, MD FACC
Jan 4
Cardiac Arrest and Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes
Damar Hamlin: Separating what is provable versus speculation based upon clinical medicine, pathophysiology, and published research.

... . Commotio Cordis

We can say with 100% scientific and medical confidence that such a diagnosis was premature and impossible to make the night of the incident (YouTube videos and social media pundits declaring it to be Commotio Cordis within a few hours of the incident). This is not hubris. It’s scientific and medical fact because the diagnosis requires exclusion of cardiac contusion (which could not be done until he reached the hospital and an echocardiogram were performed). The diagnosis also requires exclusion of other structural abnormalities.

Furthermore, Commotio Cordis is due to high impact to the left precordium. It is most often seen in baseball, hockey, and lacrosse due to high speed impact of ball / puck hitting the left precordium.   ...

Common causes of cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death in athletes

Yes, it is true that athletes are rigorously screened. Pro athletes are even more thoroughly screened. However, this screening usually entails EKG and perhaps echocardiogram. One of the most common causes of cardiac arrest is HCM (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). HCM would have already been identified during screening.

However, screening usually stops there (EKG, echo, maybe treadmill stress test).

Other causes sudden cardiac death in athletes that can be missed during “rigorous” routine screening for athletes:

* Electrical channelopathies (likely requires genetic testing and other testing)

* Anomalous coronary artery (requires cardiac CTA)

* CPVT (difficult to prove in screening, usually diagnosed in retrospect, requires provocative testing). CPVT is catecholinergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia.

* Aortopathy (would require a CT aortogram, which is not part of routine screening)

* Acquired long QT syndrome (will not always appear on screening EKG, depends upon timing of new QT prolongation and preceding toxic insult)

* Coronary artery dissection from toxic insult, hormones, or vasculitis. Cannot screen for this in advance

* Also, cannot overlook substance abuse ...
Link to article
He also discusses myocarditis. It's nice to see an expert presenting facts, and not just keyboard komanndo speculation.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2023, 11:28:09 pm »
No one is doing that.

But I do wonder how the pro-vaxxers will try to explain away the next NFL player to collapse on the field after an otherwise ordinary play?
What if there isn't one?

It's been 51 years since the last time this has happened. How many more are you prepared to wait before you realize this was all a hoax to sell colloidal silver supplements?

Earlier today a Peter McCullough editorial was published in which he basically claimed that the vaccine was a bioweapon deployed against us by our own armed forces. That's full-on Jeff Rense, Alex Jones territory. And these are the leading voices of the anti-vax movement.

Those leading voices are never far from hawking some shady nutritional supplement.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2023, 01:23:41 am »
What if there isn't one?

It's been 51 years since the last time this has happened. How many more are you prepared to wait before you realize this was all a hoax to sell colloidal silver supplements?

Earlier today a Peter McCullough editorial was published in which he basically claimed that the vaccine was a bioweapon deployed against us by our own armed forces. That's full-on Jeff Rense, Alex Jones territory. And these are the leading voices of the anti-vax movement.

Those leading voices are never far from hawking some shady nutritional supplement.

I will be glad if no one else collapses from the virus shot. Surprised, but glad.

I don't know Peter McCullough. So far as I have read the military had nothing to do with developing the virus, it was Fauci and the CDC who paid for it. 

Here's a counter-question for you: what evidence would it take to convince you that the virus shot is damaging the health of otherwise healthy people?
Let it burn.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2023, 01:38:00 am »
I will be glad if no one else collapses from the virus shot. Surprised, but glad.

I don't know Peter McCullough. So far as I have read the military had nothing to do with developing the virus, it was Fauci and the CDC who paid for it. 

Here's a counter-question for you: what evidence would it take to convince you that the virus shot is damaging the health of otherwise healthy people?
What evidence would it take to convince you that the shot is necessary for people over 50? My personal doctor said he didn't allow his teenage son to take the shot because he thought the risks weren't worth it for people that young.
However, he said for old people, like me, it's a definite YES!!!

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2023, 01:42:16 am »
What evidence would it take to convince you that the shot is necessary for people over 50? My personal doctor said he didn't allow his teenage son to take the shot because he thought the risks weren't worth it for people that young.
However, he said for old people, like me, it's a definite YES!!!

If my doctor told me that I would find a new doctor.  Does that answer your question?

If not, I'll expand on my answer: everything that I have read and heard about the virus shot indicates that it is more dangerous than catching the actual virus, and that includes for people over 50. My own stats: I am 58 with diabetes and high-blood pressure, and I will not take the shot willingly under any circumstances.
Let it burn.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2023, 01:50:48 am »
If my doctor told me that I would find a new doctor.  Does that answer your question?

If not, I'll expand on my answer: everything that I have read and heard about the virus shot indicates that it is more dangerous than catching the actual virus, and that includes for people over 50. My own stats: I am 58 with diabetes and high-blood pressure, and I will not take the shot willingly under any circumstances.
"If my doctor told me that I would find a new doctor.  Does that answer your question?"

He thinks for young people the virus is not that much of a risk. So no shots are needed for them.
But for old people (like me) catching the virus is far more deadly. Most of the people dead from the virus are older people who didn't get vaccinated. Hospital emergency wards were filled with the unvaccinated. Does that answer your question?

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2023, 01:57:21 am »
He thinks for young people the virus is not that much of a risk. So no shots are needed for them.

That is correct.

But for old people (like me) catching the virus is far more deadly. Most of the people dead from the virus are older people who didn't get vaccinated.

That was true at one point, before the shot existed. What the numbers are now we don't know.

Hospital emergency wards were filled with the unvaccinated.[/b]

That was never true at any time.

EDIT: my original statement was incomplete, and didn't convey what I meant to say. Yes, emergency wards did get filled with sick people, but most of them recovered. Just like people used to get sick with the flu every year, and emergency wards would get filled with sick people.

Does that answer your question?

I didn't ask you the question, but since you are closed-minded on the topic we can end our discussion here.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 02:01:20 am by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.