Author Topic: Monash Professor: Climate Change Driven Bushfires will Kill 2412 Aussies in the Next Decade  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CLIMATE MODELSOPINION
Monash Professor: Climate Change Driven Bushfires will Kill 2412 Aussies in the Next Decade
4 hours ago Eric Worrall 21 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t strativarius; The researchers appear to be effectively predicting five events of the same severity as Australia’s 2019-20 “Black Summer”, over the next seven years.

More than 2,400 lives will be lost to bushfires in Australia over a decade, experts predict

Exclusive: Healthcare costs from smoke-related deaths tipped to reach $110m, new modelling led by Monash University suggests

Melissa Davey Medical editor
@MelissaLDaveyMon 2 Jan 2023 01.00 AEDT

In the decade to 2030, more than 2,400 lives will be lost to bushfires in Australia, with healthcare costs from smoke-related deaths tipped to reach $110m, new modelling led by Monash University suggests.

The lead health economist with the university’s Centre for Medicine Use and Safety, Associate Prof Zanfina Ademi, who headed the analysis, said it was important to get a predictive picture of the bushfire situation in Australia and its impact on health and the economy.

“This will underline preventive investment strategies to mitigate the incidence and severity of future bushfires in Australia,” she said.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/04/monash-professor-climate-change-driven-wildfires-will-kill-2400-aussies-in-the-next-decade/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:40:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It is truly amazing how far the medical and scientific professions have progressed where they can now tell how many people will die in brush fires in the next decade!! *bouche*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They can't reliably predict the weather.
They can't reliably predict elections.
They can't reliably predict market economics.
And now they expect me to believe they can reliably predict Australian wildfire death tolls ten years in advance?  I don't think so.

I can reliably predict as the tenth year approaches, and they are short of their prediction, they'll expand the "killed by wildfire" criteria to make the statistics match their predictions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Haven't the majority, if not all of Australia's brush fires been 'climate' driven...for like forever?