Author Topic: San Francisco is about to be hit with a ‘brutal’ storm so severe that a meteorologist says is ‘one o  (Read 1214 times)

Online mountaineer

San Francisco is about to be hit with a ‘brutal’ storm so severe that a meteorologist says is ‘one of the most impactful’ he’s ever seen
Chris Morris
Tue, January 3, 2023 at 10:51 AM EST·2 min read

As it continues to clean up from a thorough drenching over New Year’s weekend, San Francisco is bracing for an even bigger storm that meteorologists warn could be catastrophic.

The National Weather Service’s Bay Area office issued a frank and dire warning to citizens in a statement, saying the storm, which is currently forecast to begin peaking Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, could bring about flooding and the loss of life.

To put it simply, this will likely be one of the most impactful systems on a widespread scale that this meteorologist has seen in a long while," the warning read. "The impacts will include widespread flooding, roads washing out, hillside collapsing, trees down (potentially full groves), widespread power outages, immediate disruption to commerce, and the worst of all, likely loss of human life. This is truly a brutal system that we are looking at and needs to be taken seriously."

A flood watch has been issued for the entire Bay Area from 4 a.m. Wednesday through 4 p.m. Thursday, with some areas expected to get up to 10 inches of rain. Wind gusts are expected to hit 50 mph, equivalent to a moderate tropical storm. Those are expected to peak between Wednesday afternoon and midnight. ...
More at Yahoo

Maybe there will be enough water to wash some of the poo off the sidewalks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Maybe there will be enough water to wash some of the poo off the sidewalks.

Apparently the last one did a great job, sounds like this is to finish the job.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:45:47 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ever run into a thread that you probably should just move on and not say anything? :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
San Francisco braces for bomb cyclone as residents stockpile sandbags - 'atmospheric river' to slam into California bringing severe flooding and loss of life

A massive storm system is approaching the San Francisco Bay Area in California, bringing with it the threat of heavy rain, high winds, and feet of snow in the Sierra region
    Rain is expected to be so heavy the NWS says it's possible that human lives will be lost during the storm 
    Known as the Pineapple Express, the storm is expected to rapidly intensify into what meteorologists refer to as a 'bomb cyclone' over the northern Pacific Ocean bringing an atmospheric river of moisture into the state 
    This will be the third storm in California to bring an atmospheric river since the end of December, including one on New Year's Eve that caused severe flooding and debris flows
    It is expected to hit the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday and cause devastating flooding and power outages

By Alyssa Guzman and James Gordon For Dailymail.com

Published: 19:36 EST, 3 January 2023 | Updated: 02:36 EST, 4 January 2023

The West Coast is bracing for another massive storm as an 'atmospheric river' - a high-altitude current of dense moisture - is expected to bring drenching rains and renewed flooding to northern and central California, starting on Wednesday.

Heavy snow was also forecast to return to the Sierra Nevada mountains on Wednesday, along with coastal rain and higher-elevation snow in the Pacific Northwest.

Northern California is still recovering from a weekend Pacific storm that triggered floods, mudslides, power outages, and road closures.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11596597/San-Francisco-braces-catastrophic-storm-meteorologist-says-impactful.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

So, it will be just another ordinary day in California.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

... Wednesday morning will mark the arrival of the brunt of the storm system, with heavy rainfall at times. Winds will be blowing out of the southeast at 24 to 29 miles per hour, and gusts could be as high as 40 miles per hour.

Showers and a possible thunderstorm can be expected after 11 p.m. By the end of the day, San Francisco will have accumulated rainfall amounts between one and two inches.

Thursday’s forecast will see showers and a possible thunderstorm before 5 p.m. The evening will bring a chance of rain and more thunderstorms, some of which could also produce heavy rain.

Winds will blow out of the south from 17 to 24 miles per hour, and gusts could be as high as 28 miles per hour. Rainfall amounts will total anywhere between half an inch and three quarters of an inch.

Some homes and businesses in the Bay Area are still reeling from this past weekend’s historic floods, especially as saturated soils in the region struggle to hold additional amounts of water.

In a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Mayor London Breed said that The City was “still recovering, cleaning out storm drains and working really hard to get our city back on track. However the timing between the two atmospheric rivers wasn’t “sufficient” to “completely recover,” she added.  ...
SF Examiner

Those don't sound like very serious wind and rain amounts.  :pondering:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
SF Examiner

Those don't sound like very serious wind and rain amounts.  :pondering:

No kidding.  I saw 50" of rain in one day during Harvey.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Ah, a bomb cyclone. Well, then.
San Francisco Braces for 'Bomb Cyclone' as Deadly 'Atmospheric River' Nears
Story by Aleks Phillips • 3h ago

San Francisco is preparing for a barrage of heavy rain, high winds, and flooding as it faces the twin threat of an atmospheric river and a bomb cyclone. The weather front is expected to hit on Wednesday evening and continue into Thursday, with further storms anticipated in the coming days.

The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a flood watch for San Francisco and many of the surrounding areas of northern California, predicting between 2-4 inches of rain in the valleys, and up to 10 inches in coastal mountain regions.

Forecasting that "a strong atmospheric river will bring heavy rain and damaging winds to the region," the NWS has warned of "multiple" mud or landslides, swelling rivers, and blocked roads. ...
Newsweek via MSN

Look out for pooslides.

Offline Kamaji

Too bad it won't be enough to wipe SF off the face of the map.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Too bad it won't be enough to wipe SF off the face of the map.
From the predicted wind and rain, it's really not much at all. This is just typical weather-hype over nothing.
They do it all the time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: Not a good time for a scenic drive Malibu north on PCH. It doesn't sound like a lot of rain but
i bet it all gets funneled down to flush SanFranshitco, maybe the smell got to be too much even for God and he decided on a flush and repeat. Iwonder how much used syringes and 'crap' will end up on the beaches.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 07:14:00 pm by GtHawk »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
San Francisco needs a good hosing down anyway.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

If only for hygienic reasons.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Some would say it's been "Hosed" for decades :shrug:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ever run into a thread that you probably should just move on and not say anything? :cool:
Yep!

'nuff said.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh well...

"Winds of 17-24 miles per hour." AKA light breeze in North Dakota (and no snow, even!).
Gusts under 50?
Wah
Wah
Wah.

Better steal some rocks to hold the tarps in homelessville.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Many stranded across broken bridges as severe weather pummels California
by SOPHIA LESSEOS | KMPH Wednesday, January 11th 2023

THREE RIVERS, Calif. (KMPH) — Many residents in Three Rivers, California woke up to their backyards washed away due to the dangerous winter storm passing through.

Due to heavy flooding and debris, the North and South Fork bridges have been destroyed, leaving some people stranded on the other side. ... The National Desk