Author Topic: A-12 Oxcart: The CIA’s Very Own Mach 3 Spy Plane  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A-12 Oxcart: The CIA’s Very Own Mach 3 Spy Plane
« on: January 04, 2023, 01:47:57 pm »
A-12 Oxcart: The CIA’s Very Own Mach 3 Spy Plane
Story by Christian Orr • Yesterday 7:56 AM

Back when my very first 19FortyFive article was published, discussing the legendary SR-71 Blackbird, several of our readers requested that I follow up by writing a piece on the Blackbird's predecessor, the Lockheed A-12 Oxcart.

Well, dear readers, just like with my karaoke singing, I'm always open to requests, so here goes, better late than never, and please don't say I never did anything for y'all, heh heh heh…

The CIA Goes Shopping
As was the case with its more famous and record-holding descendant, the A-12 Oxcart was developed by one of the greatest masterminds in aviation history, Mr. Clarence "Kelly" Johnson and his ever-innovative Lockheed "Skunk Works" program.   Even before the Jet Age, Mr. Johnson and his Skunk Works team were already producing impressive aircraft, such as the P-38 Lightning, which ravaged Axis aircraft during WWII and was flown by America's "ace of aces," Maj. Richard Ira "Dick" Bong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-12-oxcart-the-cia-s-very-own-mach-3-spy-plane/ar-AA15V1EO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=012bede33b5946648cd85ebf5d04cf32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson