Author Topic: 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates  (Read 204 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates

Researchers in "gold standard" collaboration struggle to find benefit from surgical over no masks, or N95 respirators over surgical. Findings buoy warnings by PPE expert that even "perfect rate of capture" by N95s can't stop COVID transmission.

An international research collaboration that reviewed several dozen rigorous studies of "physical interventions" against influenza and COVID-19 through last year failed to find even a modest effect on infection or illness rates from masks of all qualities.

Published in the peer-reviewed Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, run by the British evidence-based medicine charity Cochrane, the study raises new doubts about ongoing mask mandates and public health recommendations worldwide.

The CDC is still recommending masking in areas with "high" transmission levels — fewer than 4% of U.S. counties — as well as indoor masking to protect high-risk contacts in "medium" counties (27%)...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

We told you so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien