Author Topic: SCMP: Labelling Beef “High Climate Impact” Could Reduce CO2 Emissions  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SCMP: Labelling Beef “High Climate Impact” Could Reduce CO2 Emissions
11 hours ago Eric Worrall 54 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

According to Chinese Communist mouthpiece the South China Morning Post, labels reminding people of the climate harm could shift eating habits.

Fast food and climate change: ‘high impact’ labels could steer diners away from beef and towards greener alternatives, study finds

Nearly two-thirds of people who saw beef options labelled ‘high climate impact’ on menus chose more sustainable options such as vegetarian, chicken or fish

With more information, people could make better choices both in terms of healthiness and sustainability, a climate expert says

Bloomberg
Published: 12:08pm, 2 Jan, 2023

As people look for climate solutions to rapidly cut down their greenhouse gas emissions, “one of the biggest changes we can make is reducing the red meat we consume”, says Julia Wolfson, an associate professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, a former fine-dining chef, and one of the researchers behind the new study.

In search of ways to shift consumer behaviour, Wolfson and colleagues at Johns Hopkins, Harvard University and the University of Michigan created an experiment to test two types of climate labels on fast-food menus.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/02/scmp-labelling-beef-high-climate-impact-could-reduce-co2-emissions/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:49:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji