Author Topic: There is absolutely no excuse for power shortages  (Read 397 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There is absolutely no excuse for power shortages
« on: January 02, 2023, 01:09:17 pm »
DAVID STROM 3:31 PM on December 26, 2022

Power outages are usually the result of acts of God, or at the very least discrete events. Thunderstorms, hurricanes. Events we know will happen, but ones where the costs of hardening the grid outweigh the benefits of doing so. Resilience is built into the system by investing in infrastructure to repair damage in a reasonable period of time.

Power shortages, though, are a different beast. Shortages result from human failures, particularly a failure to plan for predictable increased need for power. Relying on intermittent power sources, insufficient backup, and failing to invest in reliability.

Life in the 21st century is built upon a foundation of abundant, affordable, and reliable energy. First world countries ensure all 3; and unless energy is abundant, affordable, and reliable it is impossible to retain 1st world status. It is almost impossible to live in a modern industrialized society without consistent access to power.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/12/26/there-is-absolutely-no-excuse-for-power-shortages-n520007
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: There is absolutely no excuse for power shortages
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:33:51 pm »
All non-nature related power shortages are self inflicted.

Since this phenomemon began maybe 5 years or so ago, I'd love to know how many people have actually died due to Climate change actvist whackos and their impact of electrical generation and grid managment.

Bet it is a number the MSM sure isn't going to share.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 02:50:46 pm »

That seems so elementary it shouldn't require being said out loud but here we are!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 03:16:39 pm »
Wait till the wokesters get majority shareholder in these companies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 04:09:37 pm »
Wait till the wokesters get majority shareholder in these companies.

Another reason was the most pressing wars right now that conservatives need to fight is killing ESG. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.