Author Topic: Alleged Islamic extremist who attacked NYPD cops with machete near Times Square identified  (Read 602 times)

Offline mountaineer

Alleged Islamic extremist who attacked NYPD cops with machete near Times Square identified
 By Joe Marino, Larry Celona and Tina Moore   
January 1, 2023 9:32am
NY Post
The alleged Islamic extremist who attacked multiple NYPD officers with a machete near the New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square has been identified as 19-year-old Trevor Bickford, multiple law enforcement sources said Sunday.

The cops were working the New Year’s Eve detail in Times Square when two of them were struck in the head with a large knife in what police are investigating as a possible targeted attack around 10 p.m., the sources said. 

One of the cops, who is assigned to the Police Academy, suffered a laceration to the head. A Staten Island officer suffered blunt force trauma to the head. They were both taken to Bellevue Hospital. 

A third officer suffered unknown injuries and was taken to Mt. Sinai West. All three were expected to recover.

One of the cops shot Bickford, who lives in Wells, Maine, in the shoulder, after he attacked them on Eighth Avenue between 51st and 52nd Street, the sources said.  ...

But police sources said the FBI in Boston has an open case on him and he is on something called a guardian list because of his radicalization. Bickford’s aunt notified authorities because he apparently made statements to her indicating a desire to go fight in Afghanistan, police sources said.

Trevor Wannabejihadi Bickford
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

What is the attraction of Islam to sane people not brought up in the faith? Kill people/infidels with God's aka Allah's okay? Keep women as chattel/sex slaves?  I don't get it.
I can see where low IQ males with violent impulses might think it's great. That's for whom the religion seems to be designed. But not normal people of average intelligence.

Offline mountaineer

What is the attraction of Islam to sane people ...?
There is none.

Offline mountaineer

Man who police say attacked 3 NYPD officers with machete near Times Square had recently converted to jihadism, sources say
Posted on January 1, 2023
NEW YORK — A young Maine man who recently became fixated with radical Islamic jihadism wounded two NYPD cops with a massive curved knife just outside the Times Square New Year’s Eve celebration, fracturing a rookie officer’s skull before being shot by police, law enforcement sources said Sunday.

Cops and federal investigators are now taking a hard look at the internet history of the 19-year-old suspect, identified by sources as Trevor Bickford of Wells, Maine, to determine if terrorism motivated the bloody holiday attack, law enforcement sources said.

“It’s being investigated as a terror attack, 100 percent,” one high-ranking NYPD official told the Daily News. “He radicalized about a month ago. He’s not affiliated with any group. It’s more like a lone-wolf situation.” ...

Bickford came to New York via Amtrak last Thursday, according to ABC News.

He has no arrest history, but his mother and aunt became concerned about his turn toward jihadist ideologies and reached out to law enforcement officials, which put him on the radar of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, ABC News reported, citing law enforcement sources.

His mother, Audra D’Antilio Simpson, praised her son on his 19th birthday in a July Facebook post.

“So proud and lucky to be able to call you my son. (You’re) an old soul and you amaze me every day with all that you enjoy to explore and do,” she wrote. “I am so beyond proud of the man you are becoming.” ...
Daily News

So nice to see our FBI on top of things, as usual.

Offline mountaineer

The 19-year-old alleged Islamic extremist suspected of attacking NYPD cops with a machete on New Year’s Eve penned a disturbing manifesto that urged his family to “please repent to Allah and accept Islam,” police sources told The Post.

Trevor Bickford — a Maine resident who arrived in the Big Apple just days before the attack — carried the handwritten note in his backpack, along with a collection of religious material and $200 while staying at the Bowery Mission in Manhattan, the sources said.

“To my family — specifically, mother —  I’m sorry for not having been a good enough son,” the note read, according to a police source.

“I fear greatly that you will not repent to Allah,” it said. “And therefore I hold hope in my heart that a piece of you believes so that you may be taken out to the hellfire.

“To [my brother] Travis. Of anyone I’ve known who I have felt is closest to faith — it’s you,” he allegedly wrote. “Of anyone I’ve ever wanted to accept Islam with me — it’s you. Please repent to Allah and accept Islam. I fear for you.

Addressing his other brother — who sources said is in the Marines — the suspect allegedly wrote, “To Devon, there was a time when we were close, but that time has passed. You have joined the ranks of my enemy. And for that I can give you no kind words – return to Allah.”

Bickford, of Wells, Maine, is believed to have “found religion” in recent years following the death of his father, Tom, from an overdose in 2018 at the age of 41. ...
NY Post

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man who police say attacked 3 NYPD officers with machete near Times Square had recently converted to jihadism, sources say
Posted on January 1, 2023Daily News

So nice to see our FBI on top of things, as usual.

Well he weren't no Jan 6th participant so there was no pressing reason to do squat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Well he weren't no Jan 6th participant so there was no pressing reason to do squat.
Of course. "Mega MAGAs" are the real terrorists to the FBI, not Islamicists who wish death on all non-Muslims.

Offline mountaineer

Could the FBI be any more incompetent?
Suspect who attacked NYPD officers with machete wanted to 'kill people and carry out jihad'
Authorities say that the suspect attacked three NYPD officers near Times Square on Saturday at around 10:11 p.m., attempting to strike one before hitting two other officers in the head with a machete. 
    By Ian Miles Cheong | January 05, 2023 | News

The teenager accused of attacking three New York Police Department (NYPD) officers with a machete on New Year's Eve shouted "Allahu akbar" during the incident and wanted to murder government officials, authorities said on Wednesday. 

Prosecutors allege that the 19-year-old male from Wells, Maine traveled to New York City last week "to kill people and carry out jihad," according to CNN. The suspect, who has not entered a plea deal, faces a mandatory life sentence after being charged with two counts of attempted murder and two counts of attempted assault. He is being held without bail and is scheduled for another court appearance on Friday.

Authorities say that the suspect attacked three NYPD officers near Times Square on Saturday at around 10:11 p.m., attempting to strike one before hitting two other officers in the head with a machete. 

The suspect also allegedly tried to grab an officer's gun, but couldn't get it out of the holster. He was reportedly placed on an FBI terror watchlist recently after his aunt claimed he had been radicalized online and expressed a desire to fight overseas for Islamic extremists. 

He allegedly made pro-jihadi statements from his hospital bed and had writings in his backpack that contained Islamic extremist propaganda.

According to law enforcement sources, federal investigators had interviewed the suspect before the machete attack.  ...
Rebel News

Offline mountaineer

SDNY Arrest Warrant For Time Square Knifer Bickford, Complaint Here
By Matthew Russell Lee, Patreon Maxwell Book

SDNY MAGISTRATES COURT, Jan 10 -  In the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on January 10, Magistrate Judge Robert W. Lehrburger signed a complaint and arrest warrant against Trevor Thomas Bickford for his knife attack in Times Square on New Years Eve.

Inner City Press, often the only media in the Magistrates Court, had heard for day about the potential "Federalization" of the Bickford case. And then, the complaint was signed. ... More at Inner City Press

Complaint here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23569784-sdny-arrest-warrant-for-time-square-knifer-bickford-complaint-here

Offline verga

What is the attraction of Islam to sane people not brought up in the faith? Kill people/infidels with God's aka Allah's okay? Keep women as chattel/sex slaves?  I don't get it.
I can see where low IQ males with violent impulses might think it's great. That's for whom the religion seems to be designed. But not normal people of average intelligence.
I think it attracts Beta males, that are convinced it will make them Alpha males.
Seriously that is the only answer I can come up with.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.