Author Topic: Australia to extradite Marine vet who allegedly trained Chinese pilots  (Read 93 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Australia to extradite Marine vet who allegedly trained Chinese pilots
By Irene Loewenson
 Dec 29, 2022

Daniel Duggan, a former Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier pilot, has been charged with training Chinese military pilots. (LCpl. Mackenzie Gibson/Marine Corps)

Australia approved a U.S. request to extradite a Marine veteran who has been charged with training Chinese military pilots, according to a Australian Attorney-General statement reported Thursday by Reuters.

Australian police arrested Daniel Edmund Duggan in October on what were then undisclosed charges. A 2017 indictment unsealed on Dec. 9 charged Duggan, who served as a pilot in the U.S. Marine Corps, with training Chinese nationals to fly fighter jets beginning in 2010 or earlier.

In exchange for the training, the indictment alleges that Duggan received compensation from “a business firm based in the PRC (People’s Republic of China) that acquired military training, equipment and technical data for the PRC government and military.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/12/29/australia-to-extradite-marine-vet-who-allegedly-trained-chinese-pilots/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:52:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson