Author Topic: TIME MAGAZINE WARNS THAT EXERCISE IS RACIST  (Read 550 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
TIME MAGAZINE WARNS THAT EXERCISE IS RACIST
« on: January 01, 2023, 01:58:32 pm »
TIME MAGAZINE WARNS THAT EXERCISE IS RACIST

Yesterday The Washington Post told us that blizzards are racist and today we learn from Time magazine that exercise is racist. At this rate, The New York Times is going to proclaim kitchen sinks racist by tomorrow. When liberals say everything is racist, they ain’t kidding.

Here’s a big screaming headline on Time:

The White Supremacist Origins of Exercise, and 6 Other Surprising Facts About the History of U.S. Physical Fitness

Time interviewed a “historian” named Natalia Mehlman Petrzela, who wrote a book about the history of exercising in America. Since a dry subject like that isn’t likely to sell books, she spiced it up with some racism nonsense.

“How did U.S. exercise trends go from reinforcing white supremacy to celebrating Richard Simmons?” Time asked.

How indeed?

https://defconnews.com/2022/12/30/time-magazine-warns-that-exercise-is-racist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: TIME MAGAZINE WARNS THAT EXERCISE IS RACIST
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:02:41 pm »
All black athletes are then guilty of "cultural appropriation" and should be brave enough to give up exercise and try to attain the level of skills they now enjoy because of it.  It'll be tough on their professional sports aspirations, though. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 02:46:25 pm »
I've previously stated that I thought the phenomenon of ridiculous "Wokeness". is now dropping on the right side of the Bell Shaped curve.

Stupid laughable claims by a rag once was thought to have some credibility is just more proof this process is accelerating.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 02:06:13 am »
Stupid laughable claims by a rag once was thought to have some credibility
is just more proof this process is accelerating.

Time Magazine started out in the 1920s with five writers,
who plagiarized newspapers' stories,
rewriting them as if they were reporters on the scene.
They never left their office in Manhattan!
Time Magazine ALWAYS WAS fake news!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 02:14:49 am »
More proof that people that call me a racist are wrong.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:16:13 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 04:55:30 pm »
All black athletes are then guilty of "cultural appropriation" and should be brave enough to give up exercise and try to attain the level of skills they now enjoy because of it.  It'll be tough on their professional sports aspirations, though. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 04:52:23 am »
I've previously stated that I thought the phenomenon of ridiculous "Wokeness". is now dropping on the right side of the Bell Shaped curve.

Stupid laughable claims by a rag once was thought to have some credibility is just more proof this process is accelerating.
When I first started subscribing to magazines back in the sixties, I subscribed to both Time and Newsweek. Both were the major weekly news mags.
Time had the reputation for being conservative being owned by the Luce family, and Newsweek had a reliably liberal slant on the news.
Now Time is about as woke as it gets having ditched their conservative bias many decades ago.
That goes for my hometown newspaper as well. Back in the sixties it was a reliable conservative publication.
Now like many newsrags its dispenses liberal pap every editorial.