Author Topic: These lies about climate change just wouldn't die in 2022  (Read 235 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These lies about climate change just wouldn't die in 2022
« on: December 31, 2022, 02:12:14 pm »
These lies about climate change just wouldn't die in 2022
Elizabeth Weise
USA TODAY

Climate change hasn't always been so polarizing and even today relatively few Americans deny global warming is real.

Experts say easily disprovable narratives about the climate keeps circulating.

These lies and distortions target renewable energy, economics and political polarization.

There was a time – a recent time – when concern about the environment was relatively bipartisan, not a cultural flashpoint.

A Republican, President Richard Nixon, established the Environmental Protection Agency in 1970. In the 1980s and 1990s, bipartisan majorities voted to strengthen the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act, led by a Republican – Rhode Island’s Sen. John Chafee.

Those days are gone, and today a wide range of misleading statements and outright lies about the reality of human-caused climate change circulate widely.

The sheer volume of misinformation can distort perceptions of how many people don't believe the science that shows the Earth's climate is changing because of human activity, said Katharine Hayhoe, an atmospheric scientist and professor at Texas Tech University.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/12/29/global-warming-myths-disinformation-and-lies-circulated-2022/10802959002/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: These lies about climate change just wouldn't die in 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 06:02:49 pm »
Well, whatever categories that author has, put me in with those who believe climate change is a Natural Process, very little affected by the activities of humans.

Of course, if we go tinkering with that natural cycle, what could possibly go wrong?

Bringing on the next Ice Age comes to mind as consideration is given to people dispersing aerosols high in the atmosphere to limit the amount of sunlight reaching the Earth, for starters.

Like injecting an unknown drug, you can't just change policy and take it back. That the patient might not survive the treatment becomes a very real possibility.

I must note, also that a disproportionate number of those wringing their hands over Climate Change  live in urban heat islands in temperate to warm climates, along seacoasts.

Come live in the interior, in flyover country, where neither the feedback of urban heat or reduced albedo, but where natural processes dominate, and there is no ocean current to temper the climate, and perhaps you will find a different story, longing for those extra few degrees in winter.

One more thing. Quit fooling around with the data. Two occasions I personally experienced, in different states, where the NWS clearly reported the temperatures at -54F are now recorded as -50F. Not only does that deprive us yokels who survived that some bragging rights, it artificially warms the data set, and if that has to be done in places like Wyoming and North Dakota, it makes me wonder what other 'adjustments' have been made to the data to make someone's models and predictions of doom work out.

As a fledgling scientist, we were taught that if the data did not match the theory, you changed the theory, and not the data. Apparently that is no longer the case, and if so, then the conclusions drawn are just as corrupted as the data set.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: These lies about climate change just wouldn't die in 2022
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 09:28:28 pm »
Bill Gates once suggested we need him to shoot tons of talcom-like material into the Troposphere to "shade" the world, and he was much reviled for that boneheadedness.  Now there are startups already doing exactly that and nobody bats an eye.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: