Author Topic: Are Democrats Losing Their Nerve Over Biden’s Asylum Abuse?  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are Democrats Losing Their Nerve Over Biden’s Asylum Abuse?
« on: December 31, 2022, 05:56:39 pm »
Are Democrats Losing Their Nerve Over Biden’s Asylum Abuse?
December 29, 2022
SHARES

Amid the free-for-all at the southern border, use and abuse of America’s asylum system has gotten so out of hand that even Barack Obama’s Homeland Security chief is calling foul.

Jeh Johnson told CBS’ ‘Face the Nation” last month: “It takes six years right now to process an asylum claim once someone has entered this country. And one of the problems is that the bar to qualify initially and establish a case of ‘credible fear’ is relatively low. Something like 70 percent of migrants qualify who seek it.”

But when (or if) these migrants appear in an immigration court, their odds are longer. Johnson noted that barely one in five applicants admitted into the country end up qualifying for asylum. Earlier this year, FAIR reported that 99 percent of border crossers in a “Dedicated Docket” program had invalid asylum claims.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2022/12/29/are-democrats-losing-their-nerve-over-bidens-asylum-abuse/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 05:57:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson