Author Topic: McCarthy: ‘The Very First Day, the First Thing We’re Going to Do Is Repeal the 87,000 IRS Agents’  (Read 1723 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy: ‘The Very First Day, the First Thing We’re Going to Do Is Repeal the 87,000 IRS Agents’

Jeff Poor 31 Dec 2022

Friday, during an appearance on FNC’s “Jesse Watters Primetime,” House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy teased Congress’ immediate upcoming actions to start 2023.

First up, according to the California Republican, after electing the Speaker of the House was to repeal the 87,000 IRS agents provision passed by Congress earlier this year.

“Great question – the first thing we have to do is elect our Speaker. We can’t do anything until we elect that Speaker,” he said. “And if you watch, the White House is actually pushing back on our investigations, saying we’re not going to give you anything till you get this solved. So, we need to be able to move forward with that.”

“Then, on the very first day, the first thing we’re going to do is repeal the 87,000 IRS agents,” McCarthy continued. “Another reason why the Democrats are mad at me, I think – government should be here to help you, not to go after you, then we’re going to secure our border. You’ve got to secure this border, the millions of people coming across, the fentanyl that’s killing our children. We need to work on our economy. That means making us energy-independent. We need to hold this government accountable. Where’s the origin of COVID began? Find out what this Biden family had done in the process. Make sure the FBI is not going after Americans but actually going after crime. We’ve got so much work behind us, and we need to start on the very first day.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/31/mccarthy-the-very-first-day-the-first-thing-were-going-to-do-is-repeal-the-87000-irs-agents/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

*YAWN*

You know all of this falls right in the memory hole the minute his speakership is secured.

Don't ever fall for promises from the stump. Any stump.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 03:14:53 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why stop there Mr. McCarthy? Why not just replace the income tax system entirely and be done with it?

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Why didn't you repeal the 87,000 agents as part of the $1.7 trillion in new spending you just passed?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

Why stop there Mr. McCarthy? Why not just replace the income tax system entirely and be done with it?

http://fairtax.org

Great suggestion!

It's not like any bill that gets passed in the House is going to see the light of day in the Senate, especially since the power of the purse was taken away from the House with the omnibus bill.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Why didn't you repeal the 87,000 agents as part of the $1.7 trillion in new spending you just passed?

Because the Pubs want the tax revenue just as much as the Rats and don't care if they destroy medium to small sized businesses in the process.

Offline Kamaji

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nonsense ... is right.

What a fool this guy is.

What might work a little better... delete any future funding for "the 87,000".
Then keep cutting the IRS budget until they're dismissed.

Think the House Republicans would have the intestinal fortitude to do this?
(heheh...)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If I'm clueless here let me know, but how are they going to do this without the Senate?
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I'm clueless here let me know, but how are they going to do this without the Senate?

Or the Preezy of the United Steezy?  Thanks to Turtle the money's already appropriated, and a defunding would be subject to a Veto even if it passed the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

Or the Preezy of the United Steezy?  Thanks to Turtle the money's already appropriated, and a defunding would be subject to a Veto even if it passed the Senate.

But it give them a chance to talk really really tough... and know they never ever have to back it up

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But it give them a chance to talk really really tough... and know they never ever have to back it up

Well, yeah, but it's good to know in advance.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

They're not.  Which is why McCarthy feels safe to push this vote.  He knows it won't go anywhere.  Look for the GOP House to pass all kinds of bills like this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhh,how do you "repeal" people?

And even if you do find a way to "repeal" their jobs,they will still remain on the Civil Serviced payroll if they have reached "career status",so you are either going to have to find some other job for them to do,or pay them to stay home.

The only people you can take off the payrolls by ending their jobs are the temporary employees.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:22:23 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People, you fought hard for the 'god' Biden to rule over you and save you from Trump.  You got your way, SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHIN.  When you get your way, your supposed to be happy!  Put a smile on your face, draw it on if you have to!
 :rolling: :silly: :tongue2: 11513 88finger point :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog: :bigsilly:

The world laughs at us now, wise up, fools should be happy!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
People, you fought hard for the 'god' Biden to rule over you and save you from Trump.  You got your way, SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHIN.  When you get your way, your supposed to be happy!  Put a smile on your face, draw it on if you have to!
 :rolling: :silly: :tongue2: 11513 88finger point :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog: :bigsilly:

The world laughs at us now, wise up, fools should be happy!

@christian

Talk about an "unpleasant truth"!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

CNN: "Here in Washington this week, reality is going to set in quickly — on Tuesday, House Republicans will take control of the chamber." 🔥"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1609576127844225024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
McC-  Good luck with that 2/3 over-ride of Pedo Joe's veto pen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Ian't it wonderful how some Republicans can be such animalistic shadow boxers?  Like Sonny Listen and Muhammad ali, eh ?  You can tell your children about this some day!
 8bs8 twilight zonexxxx ////00000////
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McC-  Good luck with that 2/3 over-ride of Pedo Joe's veto pen.

Regardless of ANY pens, if the house refuses to appropriate there is no money to spend. The question is will they refuse, and I personally doubt it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Regardless of ANY pens, if the house refuses to appropriate there is no money to spend. The question is will they refuse, and I personally doubt it.

@Bigun

They won't have any choice but to pass a spending bill with "graft checks" in it because the RINO's will join with their Dim brothers to create a voting majority.

Modern politics is a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back" world amongst the professional pols.

Which is WHY we need an outsider that isn't a member of "the machine" sitting in the WH.

One more term for Trump,and then two for DeSantis seems to be the only hope and only chance America has.

Online roamer_1

Modern politics is a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back" world amongst the professional pols.

Which is WHY we need an outsider that isn't a member of "the machine" sitting in the WH.

One more term for Trump,and then two for DeSantis seems to be the only hope and only chance America has.

*****rollingeyes*****

He's not an 'outsider' @sneakypete ... And without support in Congress, they will just box him in again, just like the last time, and virtually all he could do would be temporary again by executive order... Just like last time.

No gain. Guaranteed.

And all for the low low price of another twenty-friggin-trillion dollars  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The money is already appropriated, thanks to Mitch the bitch.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

The money is already appropriated, thanks to Mitch the bitch.

The only leverage the House has left, thanks to the Senate establishment Pubs is the debt ceiling. I don't know when that issue is going to come up but I do believe McCarthy isn't tough enough to shut down he govt.