Author Topic: Global Holiday Chaos: Long Queues as Tesla Drivers Overwhelm Charge Points  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Global Holiday Chaos: Long Queues as Tesla Drivers Overwhelm Charge Points
12 hours ago Eric Worrall 73 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Tesla fans all over the world are learning the hard way they should have bought a hybrid or a second vehicle.

From Britain;

Tesla owners’ fury at Christmas electric car chaos: Drivers demand more charging stations after the UK’s 6,712 rapid charge points for 420,000 electric vehicles leaves people waiting for THREE HOURS

Motorists say more charging points are needed to cater for the electric cars
Vehicles were logjammed in Hertfordshire, Cumbria, Westmorland and Telford
The queues came as millions took to the roads to get home for the festive period
Are you a Tesla driver who was stuck? Email dan.sales@mailonline.co.uk
By DAN SALES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 20:51 AEDT, 29 December 2022 | UPDATED: 02:40 AEDT, 30 December 2022

Electric car drivers have called for more charging points to be installed across the UK after some Tesla owners were left queuing for three hours.

Chaos engulfed the electric motoring network as demand appeared to outstrip supply in come areas. 

According to data from Zap Map there are currently 6712 rapid and ultra-rapid charging devices, across locations in the UK

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/30/tesla-worldwide-holiday-chaos-long-queues-as-drivers-overwhelm-charge-points/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 02:08:10 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson