Author Topic: Unknown number of US attack aircraft have been deployed near China  (Read 89 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unknown number of US attack aircraft have been deployed near China
By Boyko Nikolov on November 4, 2022

WASHINGTON — The US, China, and North Korea are in a state of “boiling tension.” Against the backdrop of record ballistic missile launches from Pyongyang, Washington appears to be preparing for a war that the world knows will happen, but not when. Taiwan is a bone of contention, with China claiming autonomy over the island while the US claims independence from China.

Against the backdrop of all this and the unprecedented Chinese naval maneuvers of the past few weeks, the US has deployed attack aircraft. The A-10C Thunderbolt IIs were sent on a “routine dynamic recruitment operation” to the Pacific island of Guam. Under American rule and opposite Chinese territory, Guam hosts Anderson Air Force Base. The arriving A-10s are from the US Air Force’s 23rd Airlift Wing, in Georgia. However, the Pentagon does not announce the number of deployed A-10s in the region.

The presence of the A-10 is not so much alarming as curious. The A-10 is an attack aircraft designed to provide air support to ground forces. The aircraft is highly effective against armored ground vehicles as well as tanks, as it flies quite efficiently at low altitudes.

The US extremely rarely deploys A-10s around its air bases around the world. But the deployment of this fighter jet in “the middle of nowhere, surrounded by water” has analysts making “unwanted” assumptions. The war between China and Taiwan is closer than thought. However, such statements are highly speculative, at least at this time.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/11/04/unknown-number-of-us-attack-aircraft-have-been-deployed-near-china/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:44:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson