Author Topic: Biden’s Shocking About-Face on Unaccompanied Alien Children  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Shocking About-Face on Unaccompanied Alien Children
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:22:32 pm »
  Biden’s Shocking About-Face on Unaccompanied Alien Children
Then: ‘These smugglers routinely engage in physical and sexual abuse, and extortion.’ Now: Crickets

By Andrew R. Arthur on December 30, 2022

It would be an understatement to say that the number of unaccompanied alien children (UACs) who have entered illegally has surged since Joe Biden became president. Nearly 300,000 UACs have been apprehended by Border Patrol at the Southwest border since February 2021, Biden’s first full month in office. Then-Vice President Biden circa 2014 would have some harsh words for the current version — and some cold hard truths about why President Biden should change his border policies.

Unaccompanied Alien Children. The term “unaccompanied alien child” is defined at 6 U.S.C. § 279(g)(2) as:

a child who — (A) has no lawful immigration status in the United States; (B) has not attained 18 years of age; and (C) with respect to whom — (i) there is no parent or legal guardian in the United States; or (ii) no parent or legal guardian in the United States is available to provide care and physical custody.

That definition was added to federal law by section 462 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (HSA), and if you are trying to understand why nearly 300,000 UACs has been apprehended at the Southwest border in the last 22 months, it’s the place to start.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Shocking-AboutFace-Unaccompanied-Alien-Children
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:23:31 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson