Author Topic: Victims of the faux climate ‘crisis’. Part I: Children  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Victims of the faux climate ‘crisis’. Part I: Children
« on: December 30, 2022, 03:14:24 pm »
Victims of the faux climate ‘crisis’. Part I: Children
Posted on November 7, 2022 by curryja | 227 Comments
by Judith Curry

The apocalyptic rhetoric surrounding the climate “crisis” has numerous victims.  Children and young adults rank among the victims of greatest concern.

Numerous academic studies have highlighted the psychological health effects of climate change on children and young adults, including elevated levels of anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, increased incidences of suicide, substance abuse, social disruptions including increased violence, and a distressing sense of loss.

The psychological injuries to children associated with climate change are featured prominently by Our Children’s Trust which is “representing and supporting youth securing their legal rights to a safe climate.”  This group sponsored the lawsuit Juliana vs. the United States, plus lawsuits in virtually all of the U.S. states and globally including Netherlands and Colombia.  A key rationale for these Complaints/lawsuits is the psychological harm being inflicted on the Youth Plaintiffs. Here is one example from the Juliana complaint:

https://judithcurry.com/2022/11/07/victims-of-the-faux-climate-crisis-part-i-children/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:16:53 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Victims of the faux climate ‘crisis’. Part I: Children
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 05:30:25 pm »
Well, doggone it, they don't play 'Duck and Cover' in grade school any more, so there has to be some perpetual pall of terror that the Gubmint, in all its benevolent wisdom, will 'save' them from.

Funny how such existential threats can be used to manipulate an entire population.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Victims of the faux climate ‘crisis’. Part I: Children
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 05:36:34 pm »
Interesting POV, but the more imminent threat are those who are facing  misery or worse death by not being able to afford climate change mandated utility bills.

That is the ugly secret the envirowhackos prefer keeping under the radar.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.