Author Topic: Green Energy Was MIA Amid Raging Winter Storms And Higher Energy Demand  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JACK MCEVOY ON DEC 29, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Green Energy Was MIA Amid Raging Winter Storms And Higher Energy Demand

frozen wind turbineRenewable energy was unable to generate sufficient power to meet elevated energy demand during Christmas Eve snowstorms that pummeled the northeastern U.S. and Texas.

Although wind turbines, solar panels, and other forms of green energy have been consistently touted by the Biden administration as reliable alternatives to fossil fuels like coal and natural gas, renewables accounted for a small percentage of grids’ power output after snowstorms and a “bomb cyclone” nearly caused power outages in New England and Texas. [emphasis, links added]

Grid operators in both areas were forced to burn oil, a fuel that is significantly less efficient than natural gas, to avoid power outages as renewable energy sources were stymied by the harsh weather.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/green-energy-was-mia-amid-raging-winter-storms-and-higher-energy-demand/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson