Author Topic: Democrat slams Gov Newsom, begs feds for help as he warns migrant crisis is about to break Californi  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrat slams Gov Newsom, begs feds for help as he warns migrant crisis is about to break California
December 29, 2022 | Melissa Fine 

Border Patrol agents have, over the last four days, dumped nearly 1,000 migrants off at local transit hubs in San Diego, Calif., according to a county official, who says the shelters are “at max capacity” and the state government isn’t offering “any help.”

Appearing with guest-host Gregg Jarrett on Fox News’s “Hannity” on Wednesday, San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond noted that Border Patrol can only detain the asylum seekers for so long before they are forced to release them into the interior of the United States.

(Video: Fox News)

“[T]hese people are bewildered,” Desmond said of the migrants. “They don’t have any money for tickets or means of figuring out a system to get to family or get in touch with their loved ones. You know, they’re just dropping them off.”

“‘Tis the season, there’s no room at the inn,” he said, referring to the county’s already full shelters.

“We’re at max capacity,” Desmond said. “And so [Border Patrol] is just dropping people at transit centers and saying, ‘see you later, good luck.'”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/12/29/democrat-slams-gov-newsom-begs-feds-for-help-as-he-warns-migrant-crisis-is-about-to-break-california-1320609/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson