Author Topic: GOP Rep. Biggs: I Don’t See Any Scenario Under Which I’d Support McCarthy for Speaker  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Biggs: I Don’t See Any Scenario Under Which I’d Support McCarthy for Speaker

Pam Key 29 Dec 2022

Representative Andy Biggs (R-AZ) said Thursday on FNC’s “America’s Newsroom” that he does not see any scenario in which he would support House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) for speaker.

Guest host Rich Edson said, “Congressman, there is a speaker race coming up in less than a week. Who is going to be speaker?”

Biggs said, “We will have to have that vote on January 3. Right now, nobody has 218 votes which is the magic number. I don’t we are going to see that until January 3. Maybe it will take a few ballots to shake that out.”

He added, “There are several people that are very capable of being speaker of the House. I think we will get a consensus candidate, and we will get it in fairly short order and move on.”

Edson asked, “Is there any scenario that you would ever vote for Leader McCarthy on any ballot, any scenario where he gets your vote?”

Biggs said, “I  don’t think so. I do not think so. And here’s why. He’s got a body of work. You go back to ’17 and ’18. Look at the, look at why we had Democrats voting for the Republican budgets. Because the Republicans didn’t want those budgets, but the floor Leader, Mr. McCarthy, cut those deals with the Democrats. President Trump signed those budgets, but he said they were the worst budgets ever, and he was probably right, until the later budgets that we’ve seen from the Democrats.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/29/gop-rep-biggs-i-dont-see-any-scenario-under-which-id-support-mccarthy-for-speaker/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who else have you got, Biggs?  Now is the time to tell us.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who else have you got, Biggs?  Now is the time to tell us.

Andy's running for speaker, so I think we know the answer to that question.  Sure, he probably can't win, but at the moment he's stopping McCarthy from walking away with it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

No change will come if we keep doing the same stupid things over and over again.

Andy's running for speaker, so I think we know the answer to that question.  Sure, he probably can't win, but at the moment he's stopping McCarthy from walking away with it.

I can't help wishing Biggs and his gang had passed a math course. 

Online DB

I can't help wishing Biggs and his gang had passed a math course.

I'm pretty confident "Biggs and his gang" can run circles around you when it comes to math.

I'm pretty confident "Biggs and his gang" can run circles around you when it comes to math.

:bs:  They don't have the numbers to do anything other than fracture and weaken a hard fought for majority --- and you know it.

Online DB

:bs:  They don't have the numbers to do anything other than fracture and weaken a hard fought for majority --- and you know it.

Yah, the hard fought for more of the same...

Yah, the hard fought for more of the same...

Where are the numbers for the change we all desire?

Online DB

I'd rather crash and burn with some chance at success than continue with the endless crap that's been going on for decades. Enough is enough.

I'd rather crash and burn with some chance at success than continue with the endless crap that's been going on for decades. Enough is enough.

Looks like your preference will become reality.  Please, don't spend the next two years whining about getting what you wanted.  Thanks.

Online DB

Looks like your preference will become reality.  Please, don't spend the next two years whining about getting what you wanted.  Thanks.

LOL... What exactly has improved over the last 20 years for the US and conservatives doing what you have been doing? The GOP establishment is not our friend.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I nominate Marjorie Taylor Green.
So there.

Offline bilo

What's the point in having a majority that's led by people who have no history of having a vision, or being tough?

The Senate Pubs have already given away most of the leverage the House has because the House Pubs are dominated by MAGA Reps. The next Speaker is going to have to be tough as nails over the debt ceiling, since the omnibus has already given all the agencies all the funds they need through the next year. Do you see McCarthy being the guy to deal with the world press making him out to be the bad guy?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

They start with the 5+ Pubs who say NO!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

By capitulating to a democratic agenda, in the same flaccid feckless manner he's led from in the past?  That's worked out so well so far hasn't it.  /s

Don't tell me you really think this guy has our bests interest at heart. Him and McConnell are cut from the same cloth........
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 04:09:21 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.