Author Topic: Block III Super Hornet: The U.S. Navy’s Best Fighter That Isn’t F-35?  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Block III Super Hornet: The U.S. Navy’s Best Fighter That Isn’t F-35?

ByChristian Orr
Published3 days ago

The F/A-18 Hornet is admittedly nowhere near as popular or glamorous as the F-14 Tomcat that preceded her in both real-world aircraft carrier combat operations and cinematic immortality.

Nonetheless, the Hornet has certainly more than proven herself in combat via the aviators of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as well as the Canadian Forces, in addition to garnering her own fair share of Hollywood movie audience attention, thanks to the boffo box office of Top Gun: Maverick.

Now that I’ve written an article for 19FortyFive specifically discussing the EA-18 Growler electronic warfare variant, I reckon it’s way past time I did a write-up on the air-to-air fighting Hornet. We’ll focus specifically on the Block III Super Hornet.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/12/block-iii-super-hornet-the-u-s-navys-best-fighter-that-isnt-f-35/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson