Author Topic: Shocker?: Recent GOP Poll has Trump up only 5% on DeSantis  (Read 1900 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Shocker?: Recent GOP Poll has Trump up only 5% on DeSantis
« on: December 28, 2022, 09:43:19 pm »
https://www.cygn.al/poll-midterm-shakeup-desantis-within-5-percent-of-trump/

<snipit>

WASHINGTON D.C. – A survey of 1,019 likely Republican presidential primary voters – a much larger sample than many recent primary polls reported on in recent weeks – conducted by the international polling and predictive analytics firm Cygnal shows former President Donald Trump has slipped a few points on the presidential primary ballot while Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ image and ballot standing are on the rise. 

============================================================================

I agree with many that polls this far out, pretty much mean zilch.  Still, this kind shows some kind of possible negative recent DJT trend. 

Ga and PA?  Trading Cards?, who can say at this point, or even if this is real.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Shocker?: Recent GOP Poll has Trump up only 5% on DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 01:01:28 am »
Purely anecdotal, but I don't know a single person who didn't support Trump in 2020 who has been won over by Trump for 2024.  I know a lot of folks who were Trump supporters in 2016 and 2020 who have kind of had enough.  Most of them are now DeSantis.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 03:05:21 pm »
I think polls at this point in the game are mere "cocktail conversation" topics. The real rubber will hit the road later.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 03:14:17 pm »
Of course, nobody is mentioning the big 800 lb elephant in the room, what if Desantis doesn't run?

Then we have a big problem because I really wonder about Trump's electibility and who else is a good candidate?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 04:34:51 pm »
Of course, nobody is mentioning the big 800 lb elephant in the room, what if Desantis doesn't run?

Then we have a big problem because I really wonder about Trump's electibility and who else is a good candidate?

I'd be really shocked if he didn't run at this point. He's had plenty of opportunities to issue a clear statement that he isn't running If that was his intention, and he hasn't done so.

But to answer your question, I think Mike Pompeo was a really smart guy, and I'd like to hear more from him as the campaign wears on.  I think Nikki Haley is almost certainly running as well.  And you'll obviously get Pence, etc, though I don't think he has a chance because there are just too many Trump supporters who won't vote for him under any circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 04:58:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 04:44:53 pm »
I'd be really shocked if he didn't run at this point. He's had plenty of opportunities to issue a clear statement that he isn't running If that was his intention, and he hasn't done so.

But to answer your question, I think Mike Pompeo was a really smart guy, and I'd like to hear more from him as the campaign wears on.  I think Nikki Haley is almost certainly running as well.  And you'll obviously get pants, etc, though I don't think he has a chance because there are just too many Trump supporters who won't vote for him under any circumstances.

I have stated this numerous earlier occasions that Niki Haley's legacy of being woke and tearing down statues and flags before it was fashionable as SC governnor precludes me from EVER VOTING FOR HER!!!!

She as GOP candidate is about the only scenario that will force me to vote 3rd party.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 04:57:47 pm »
I know there are some southerners who may not vote for her because of that.  Don't know if they will be enough to lose her the southern states that generally go Republican anyway, though.  In any case, I'm pretty sure she's running.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 11:05:41 pm »
Maj. Martin:
"Purely anecdotal, but I don't know a single person who didn't support Trump in 2020 who has been won over by Trump for 2024.  I know a lot of folks who were Trump supporters in 2016 and 2020 who have kind of had enough."

I'm still here. I've voted for Mr. Trump every time he was on the ballot in front of me.
And I'll do it again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:40:43 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 11:52:23 pm »
With the recent mind-boggling flow of anti-Trump effluent surging across the interwebs, it appears the dam has been overtopped from the never ending Leftist/deep state reservoir of enmity for Trump. I can't say I am surprised that DeSantis is farther up than he was, but must note that seeing Trump still up 5% in spite of that ongoing seven years of endless Trump-hate.

There have been seven years of "investigation", with every week bringing the inevitable "we gotcha now!" cliffhangers that turned out to be a national franchise of nothingburgers, followed by official home invasion, release of tax information, and a few gaffes (including digital trading cards, which jumped in value and might have been a short term trader's wet dream) presented as, inevitably, the end of Trump, each and every time.

Yet despite this, his favor and resilience have placed him still ahead of the hypothetical candidacy of Ron DeSantis, presented as a spoiler to split the MAGA and GOP base.

It is an interesting game the MSM and others have been playing, from deciding that 93% success with candidates' endorsements (admittedly there were some lame ones, but 93% is pretty good), not counting those stolen ahem , with irregularities in counting, all to finally declare Trump is done.

And no one happier than the Democrats than perhaps the Swamp critters in the GOP.

Getting DeSantis to run against Trump has the following benefits for the Dems.

It creates a split in the GOP. Always handy to have the circular firing squad in battery, ready to take each other down, because useful dirt and ideas come out in such a primary, readily available for the general election.

It uses up a buttload of resources better saved for the general election when the Democrats (Remember the Democrats, the Left, the real adversaries in all this?) will have money from everywhere they have stashed it while looting the US Treasury during this Administration.

Face it, they can't just come out and be billionaires all, not on a government salary.

So they have a ton of NGOs to give grants to which will trickle back in after the holders get their cut. You can only spend so much grant money on researching the 'Sex lives of Ordovician Brachiopods', so some of that money will filter back in, and considering how much funding can be dispersed in something like a 1/3 trillion dollar omnibus bill no one has read, there will be more than enough to fuel the PACs and other money/support sources on the Left, not to mention the MSM which is already in the bag.
(At least Twitter might have two viewpoints present.)

In the end, driving polls over speculation about someone who had expressed no interest in running for president distracts from the issues that Governor DeSantis is dealing with, and the solutions he presents, by making the conversation about 2024 rather than issues today.

What would make Democrats and Swamp Critters happier than neutering an effective Governor and splitting the GOP base by denigrating Trump further, effectively dividing the electorate on the Right before the 2024 elections?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 03:04:58 pm »
I have stated this numerous earlier occasions that Niki Haley's legacy of being woke and tearing down statues and flags before it was fashionable as SC governnor precludes me from EVER VOTING FOR HER!!!!

She as GOP candidate is about the only scenario that will force me to vote 3rd party.
[/quote

You mean the statues of Traitors???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 04:22:45 pm »

Go ahead and suport this pioneer woke RINO bitch.  Hope she doesn't infringe on your heritage.

I'll pass, and vote Constitution or Libertarian instead
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 04:57:52 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 04:27:10 pm »
I wish this "Trump versus DeSantis" nonsense would end. ALL it does is damage both while making the Dims stronger.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 04:28:47 pm »
Purely anecdotal, but I don't know a single person who didn't support Trump in 2020 who has been won over by Trump for 2024. 

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah,you do,

Me,for one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 04:31:07 pm »

@Excellent observation.

[quoteThen we have a big problem because I really wonder about Trump's electibility and who else is a good candidate?][/quote]

I wish I had an answer that didn't name a RINO.

Depending of course on how you define a "good candidate".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 04:36:40 pm »

What would make Democrats and Swamp Critters happier than neutering an effective Governor and splitting the GOP base by denigrating Trump further, effectively dividing the electorate on the Right before the 2024 elections?

@Smokin Joe

Ifn ya didn't know any better,ya might think it was PLANNED that way,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 04:39:38 pm »

@kevindavis007

You seem to be awful proud of your PC education.

What are the roots of your hatred for the people who founded America?

After all,THEY were the ones that founded the system you  seem to hate.

Speak out,comrade!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 04:41:17 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah,you do,

Me,for one.

Really?  So you didn't vote for Trump in 2020, but will vote for him in 2024??  Why?

And yeah, you'd honestly be the first

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2023, 08:59:59 pm »
Really?  So you didn't vote for Trump in 2020, but will vote for him in 2024??  Why?

And yeah, you'd honestly be the first

@Maj. Bill Martin

I voted for him in 2020,and plan on voting for him in 2024. If he doesn't run,I may even vote for him as a write-in.

If it's not Trump,it will be some RINO. That is the truest sentence you will ever read.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 09:10:31 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I voted for him in 2020,and plan on voting for him in 2024. If he doesn't run,I may even vote for him as a write-in.

If it's not Trump,it will be some RINO. That is the truest sentence you will ever read.

You should reread what I wrote:

Purely anecdotal, but I don't know a single person who didn't support Trump in 2020 who has been won over by Trump for 2024.

In other words, someone who was against Trump in 2020 but will be a Trump supporter in 2024.  So my point was that he's not going to have a lot of new supporters in 2024 unless they are actually new voters.  Whereas on the flip side, I know a fair number of people who voted for Trump in 2020 but do not support him for 2024.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2023, 09:46:42 pm »
You should reread what I wrote:

In other words, someone who was against Trump in 2020 but will be a Trump supporter in 2024.  So my point was that he's not going to have a lot of new supporters in 2024 unless they are actually new voters.  Whereas on the flip side, I know a fair number of people who voted for Trump in 2020 but do not support him for 2024.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I really wish I could argue with you about that,but.........

Part of the problem is the constant anti-Trump yammering by the Party People. Truth to tell,the vast majority of the voters are really not very political,even if they identify as a Dim or a Rep. Because of this they tend to believe the anti-Trumpers without question purely because there is so much anti-Trump info both published and broadcast on radio and tv,and we all know our radios and our tv's would never lie to us,right?

Add to that the typical jealousy of the working class to Billionaires,and that is a steep hill to climb with all the anti-Trump propaganda being aired or published every day.

America is in DEEP doo-doo if Trump or someone like him isn't elected as our President in the next elections. And since there isn't and hasn't been a candidate like Trump since the 1800's,it's likely it will be him that is running.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 10:30:54 pm »
I don’t have anything negative to say about DeSantis except to say if he is truly not interested in the presidency in ‘24, and if he cared about advancing conservative governance, he should clear up the rampant speculation regarding his running.  It only serves to divide us as republicans.

Trump is not going away, nor should he.  As a Trump supporter who was cheated and betrayed by the 2020 steal, I would like nothing better than to see Trump II sitting in the Oval Office planning the dismantling of the rogue agencies and actors that operated outside of bounds of law and who illegitimately weaponized the law against him as a sitting president in the Russiagate scam and the dozen other hoaxes he had to endure.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 06:32:11 pm »
I don’t have anything negative to say about DeSantis except to say if he is truly not interested in the presidency in ‘24, and if he cared about advancing conservative governance, he should clear up the rampant speculation regarding his running.  It only serves to divide us as republicans.

I get that, but I honestly don't see it doing any harm regardless.  By next summer, we'll know who is running and who isn't.  Even if DeSantis doesn't withdraw until then, what real difference would that make?  They'll be some arguing back and forth in some online communities, but everyone else either won't have cared in the first place, or will just get over it.

Personally, I think DeSantis has already decided to run, or at least hasn't yet decided.  Perhaps he's waiting to see how things go in the next 6 months or so.  If he'd already made a firm decision not to run, there really wouldn't be any reason to not to just say that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 06:33:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 06:36:57 pm »
Without getting into the DeSantis v. Trump fray way way way too early.

DJT will be 78 if he is re-elected.  I wish him the best of health, but not having a Plan B, is foolish.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2023, 08:13:20 am »
sneakypete....
         America is in DEEP doo-doo if Trump or someone like him isn't elected as our President in the next elections. And since there isn't and hasn't been a candidate like Trump since the 1800's,it's likely it will be him that is running.

Got news for you Pete, America was in deep doodoo the day Biden won/stole the 2020 election.  And we were in deep  doodoo when the election was fixed for Obama, which I am certain happened in 2012.  As long as we have electronic voting, we will have fixed elections.  George Soros owns all the companies that tabulate the elections in the USA and in all the countries of Europe. 

NO FREE ELECTIONS, NO REPUBLIC. 

Trump was the fly in the ointment, as was BREXIT.  Trump and BREXIT upset the globalist agenda for one unified government.  It is the globalists that control Washington.  One man could not fight them, and he did not know who to trust other than family, and even they are turning on him now.  McCarthy and McConnell are both globalists, and Trump backed McCarthy.  Does that make any sense to anyone here?

Discussing the future of Nikki Haley in national politics is laughable.  What the hell did she ever accomplish? 

And Pence nuked his political future with his actions before, on, and after January 6th.  There are many choices he could have made, and he made all the wrong choices.  His political career is over, unless he wants to be mayor of some city in Indiana, or perhaps run for the senate representing Indiana.  But I say he makes a run in 2024, and he is a 1 percenter.  Haley will be a single digit candidate too.

And Ron DeSantis is a brilliant politician.  He would never come out resolutely and declare he is not running in 2024.  Trump could die a half dozen different ways between now and the time to declare a presidential campaign.   He will be 78, the average life expectancy of humans in the USA.  He could die a natural death, plane crash, car crash, many different things.  A golf ball could hit him in the head on a course and end him.  Ever been hit by a golf ball?  I have, and it smarts as all get out, and that was in the leg.  Imagine being hard hit in the head.

And if you listen to the truthers out there, they talk about attempts on Trump's life with some regularity.  And yet, not one word in the media.  So, there is no guarantee of what the future holds.  Heck, Iran just issued out a warrant for Trump, which probably means they have a couple death squads headed this way.

Bottomline, it doesn't matter who runs for the Republicans.  The Dems will fix the election again...and again...and again...and again.  The day of free elections are over until the moment the general population wake up.  And that just isn't going to happen.  We could suffer with two more years of bad inflation, and the Dems will fix the election again.  Narrowly winning the elections they need to retain control.

And without an honest media, no one out there will be working to end the destruction of our republic.  Don't hold your breath for the cowardly Republicans.  They will do nothing because the ones in control are globalists.

I will say it again and again:

NO FREE ELECTIONS, NO REPUBLIC. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 08:14:29 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 09:38:26 am »
The problem trump has is a lack of clear policies. He went into the last election basically saying look what we did, instead of look what we are going to do. Ron seems like the kind of guy that will clearly outline an agenda and execute it. And he doesn’t have nearly as much baggage.

It’s time for a grown up to enter the White House, without any baggage.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 09:40:25 am by Stevensr123 »