Author Topic: Close combat ‘mixed reality’ goggle fielding in 2023  (Read 203 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Close combat ‘mixed reality’ goggle fielding in 2023
« on: December 28, 2022, 05:03:38 pm »
Close combat ‘mixed reality’ goggle fielding in 2023
By Todd South
 Dec 26, 04:46 PM

After a few technical difficulties and delays, some soldiers in operational and training units will finally see the Army’s new “mixed reality” goggle in their hands in 2023.

The nearly $22 billion program to put the situational awareness of a fighter pilot on the lowest level grunt, the Integrated Visual Augmentation System, or IVAS, is headed to troops.

The device merges night vision, augmented reality tools for training and missions, weapons site wireless linkage and target acquisition in one piece of kit.

Working off the base unit of the Microsoft HoloLens virtual reality goggle, the Army has spent the past three years tinkering with advanced technology to get a field-worthy piece of gear to do all of the high-tech work officials believe future combat will need for even the dismounted soldier.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/12/26/close-combat-mixed-reality-goggle-fielding-in-2023/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 05:04:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Close combat ‘mixed reality’ goggle fielding in 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 10:31:39 pm »
What could possibly go wrong?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: