Author Topic: NASA Launches International Mission to Survey Earth’s Water  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NASA Launches International Mission to Survey Earth’s Water
« on: December 28, 2022, 03:36:43 pm »
NASA Launches International Mission to Survey Earth’s Water
Dec. 16, 2022

Led by NASA and the French space agency CNES, the Surface Water and Ocean Topography mission will provide high-definition data on the salt- and fresh water on Earth’s surface.

A satellite built for NASA and the French space agency Centre National d’Études Spatiales (CNES) to observe nearly all the water on our planet’s surface lifted off on its way to low-Earth orbit at 3:46 a.m. PST on Friday. The Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) spacecraft also has contributions from the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) and the UK Space Agency.

The SWOT spacecraft launched atop a SpaceX rocket from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California with a prime mission of three years. The satellite will measure the height of water in freshwater bodies and the ocean on more than 90% of Earth’s surface. This information will provide insights into how the ocean influences climate change; how a warming world affects lakes, rivers, and reservoirs; and how communities can better prepare for disasters, such as floods.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasa-launches-international-mission-to-survey-earths-water
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:38:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NASA Launches International Mission to Survey Earth’s Water
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 03:43:01 pm »
They sure are taking good care of us!  You don't suppose they might try their sensors on electrical generation plants, food processing plants, steel mills, automobile plants, homeless encampments, airports, and- - -hey, they could monitor just about everything, in the name of science, of course! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: NASA Launches International Mission to Survey Earth’s Water
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 03:47:06 pm »
They sure are taking good care of us!  You don't suppose they might try their sensors on electrical generation plants, food processing plants, steel mills, automobile plants, homeless encampments, airports, and- - -hey, they could monitor just about everything, in the name of science, of course! :whistle:

Another boondoggle scam mission.

I'll let NASA on a little secret and save them billions of dollars.

(1) Oceans cover 71% of the earth.  Has been that way for at least millions of years.

(2) Climate change is a scam.  Sad you choose to waste these billions on the scam, instead of truly good technological research that might help humanity.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.