Author Topic: US military hires 700 recruits who have faced behavioral challenges  (Read 180 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military hires 700 recruits who have faced behavioral challenges

After revisiting its policy on which medical conditions bar applicants from joining services, the US military for the first time has permitted 700 recruits with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to enlist, according to a report.
FP Staff December 28, 2022 15:04:29 IST
US military hires 700 recruits who have faced behavioral challenges
Representational image. AFP

New Delhi: After revisiting its policy on which medical conditions bar applicants from joining services, the US military for the first time has permitted 700 recruits with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to enlist, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

In June, the military, which has been facing major recruiting challenges, said that those who had suffered from 38 different medical conditions could serve as long as they hadn’t demonstrated symptoms nor required medication for treatment for three, five and seven years, depending on the condition.

These conditions – which include congenital heart defects and tuberculosis –  were previously automatic disqualifiers.

The Pentagon stated that it will evaluate the performance of its new programme in six months time so that it had a year’s worth of data to analyse.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/us-military-hires-700-recruits-who-have-faced-behavioral-challenges-11887801.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:12:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US military hires 700 recruits who have faced behavioral challenges
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 01:26:54 pm »
  the US military for the first time has permitted 700 recruits with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to enlist, according to a report.

Not so much true!  My son spent nearly 10 years in the military, 1/2 enlisted and 1/2 officer with ADHD.

These conditions – which include congenital heart defects and tuberculosis –  were previously automatic disqualifiers.

They must be horribly desperate to allow these two.

Oh my goodness!!  You can almost feel the desperation!  Wokeness IS destroying interest in the military!!!!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: US military hires 700 recruits who have faced behavioral challenges
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 01:56:13 pm »
the US military for the first time has permitted 700 recruits with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to enlist, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Isn't just about every other kid in US public schools "diagnosed" with ADD/ADHD (and then loaded up with prescription drugs)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org