Author Topic: New York Gov Frees 11-Year-Old Boy’s Killer  (Read 295 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Gov Frees 11-Year-Old Boy’s Killer
« on: December 27, 2022, 06:53:33 pm »
New York Gov Frees 11-Year-Old Boy’s Killer
Over 3 million people in New York voted for this,
December 27, 2022 by Daniel Greenfield 25 Comments

On a cold October day in ’93, an 11-year-old boy brought a piece of birthday cake to his mother.

The Queens neighborhood, less than two miles from former President Trump’s childhood home, had seen better days. Giuliani was still a year away from taking office and under Mayor Dinkins, a racist pro-crime hack, New York City had hit lows that it would not see again until the return of Dinkin’s pro-crime protege, Bill de Blasio.

As Travis Lilley headed off with cake from a birthday party downstairs to the New Look Beauty Salon where his mother was working, the street was overrun with drug dealers fighting turf wars. New York Boulevard, renamed Guy R. Brewer Boulevard, after one of the first black politicians in the borough because it was where Brewer opened the Democratic Club that still bears his name, with its fast food joints, auto repair shops and beauty salons, was dangerous.

The beauty parlor that Travis’ grandmother owned was on an intersection favored by drug dealers. Local business owners had complained to the Dinkins administration with no results.

Travis, who would forever remain eleven on that day, went downstairs to the beauty parlor that his grandmother owned. Drug dealers opened fire. The bullets, the prosecutor would later describe, “tore away the back of Travis Lilley’s head.”

Travis died in his grandfather’s arms surrounded by broken glass.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/new-york-gov-frees-11-year-old-boys-killer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson