Author Topic: Incoming GOP Congressman George Santos Admits He Lied About Significant Portions of His Background  (Read 3320 times)

Online Hoodat

Who does he think he is?  Richard Blumenthal?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Nancy Pelosi engages in insider trading and gains tens of millions of dollars - no demands for her resignation.
Eric Swalwell has a sexual affair with a Chinese spy - no demands for his resignation.
Blumenthal lied about service in Vietnam - no demands for his resignation.
Eliz. Warren lied about her ethnicity - no demands for her resignation.
Joe Biden has never told the truth in his entire life - no demands for his resignation.

George Santos puffs his resume - off with his head!!
I hope he stands firm, I don't really approve of what he did but democrats have been doing it forever with no repercussions, especially from democrats while republicans are always supposed to give in. I say to hell with all the complainers, play by democrat rules for a change.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope he stands firm, I don't really approve of what he did but democrats have been doing it forever with no repercussions, especially from democrats while republicans are always supposed to give in. I say to hell with all the complainers, play by democrat rules for a change.

Considering the dims are so expert on digging dirt and mud, there has to be some level of embarrassment on their part too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online DB

This is how you race to the bottom. Anything goes as long as the right team wins. The bottom is a dark place.

Offline Kamaji

This is how you race to the bottom. Anything goes as long as the right team wins. The bottom is a dark place.

No, not really.  What Santos did is not particularly malum in se.

Online DB

No, not really.  What Santos did is not particularly malum in se.

It starts as small steps and ends in freefall. And yes, it is a race to the bottom. It is a chain reaction and is well on its way.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He and Sniffy should get along just fine.

'Well, you may have killed 20 terrorists with 10 bullets Joe, but I diffused a ticking nuke with a screwdriver, bailing wire, and duct tape with only 10 seconds to spare.'

Yeah, that's the ticket.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

It starts as small steps and ends in freefall. And yes, it is a race to the bottom. It is a chain reaction and is well on its way.

No, it's not.

It starts by excusing things that are malum in se if done by one's side - committing an actual crime, for example - it does not start simply because you excuse your guy's puffery on his resume.

There is precious little room to tolerate foolish consistencies.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Tulsi Gabbard's interview with this guy was one of the most cringeworthy things I have seen in a while.  Santos revealed himself to be a self-absorbed narcissist. But then, what politician isn't?  He has not learned to disguise his narcissism as well as Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Maybe he should learn the "lip bite." 

I always find it uncomfortable when the only defense we have for our politicians is "the other side does it as well."  We are supposed to be better than the other guys, not equivalent to the other guys.  That said, I am not sure what should be done in this case.  If there was a way that Santos could step down but the seat remain Republican for his term, I would support that.  Otherwise, I guess he should be seated.  We have competitive elections for a reason. To some extent, this was also the failure of Santos' competitor not exposing him before the election.  Fortunately for the people in his district, if this matters to them they can remove him in just two years.

Offline Kamaji

Tulsi Gabbard's interview with this guy was one of the most cringeworthy things I have seen in a while.  Santos revealed himself to be a self-absorbed narcissist. But then, what politician isn't?  He has not learned to disguise his narcissism as well as Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Maybe he should learn the "lip bite." 

I always find it uncomfortable when the only defense we have for our politicians is "the other side does it as well."  We are supposed to be better than the other guys, not equivalent to the other guys.  That said, I am not sure what should be done in this case.  If there was a way that Santos could step down but the seat remain Republican for his term, I would support that.  Otherwise, I guess he should be seated.  We have competitive elections for a reason. To some extent, this was also the failure of Santos' competitor not exposing him before the election.  Fortunately for the people in his district, if this matters to them they can remove him in just two years.

Very true.

I live in his district, and have already sent correspondence asking him to not resign over this.  I don't approve of it - and said so - but I don't see it has being of such magnitude that it requires a resignation, particularly since upon resignation the seat would almost certainly be turned over to a democrat.

Online DB

No, it's not.

It starts by excusing things that are malum in se if done by one's side - committing an actual crime, for example - it does not start simply because you excuse your guy's puffery on his resume.

There is precious little room to tolerate foolish consistencies.

This wasn't a job interview. So now the standard for a politician's claims is whether it is a crime or not. We've fallen far.

Online GtHawk

Because taking the high road by republicans all these years has worked out so well for America? You know sometimes it takes guerilla warfare hitting the enemy with their own weapons.

Offline Kamaji

This wasn't a job interview. So now the standard for a politician's claims is whether it is a crime or not. We've fallen far.

Oh yeah, real far.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because taking the high road by republicans all these years has worked out so well for America? You know sometimes it takes guerilla warfare hitting the enemy with their own weapons.

@GtHawk

Careful,or the board "Miss Manners" of both genders will be coming after you with sharpended knitting needles!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

At this point all I will do is sit back and laugh while this country goes down the tubes.   At this point it's about all you can do.

Online Right_in_Virginia

It starts as small steps and ends in freefall. And yes, it is a race to the bottom.

Maybe if one side had gotten off their high horses years ago and fought, the US wouldn't now be on the brink of destruction from within.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe if one side had gotten off their high horses years ago and fought, the US wouldn't now be on the brink of destruction from within.

@Right_in_Virginia

BINGO

Preace it!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll care, as soon as Democrats complain about Joe Biteme's 50 year string of continuous lies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

I'll care, as soon as Democrats complain about Joe Biteme's 50 year string of continuous lies.

Indeed.

Online DB

And meanwhile we drown in a sea of lies...

Online GtHawk

@GtHawk

Careful,or the board "Miss Manners" of both genders will be coming after you with sharpended knitting needles!
Look I respect their views, I may not agree with them sometimes but they have just as much right to them as I to mine. I understand not wanting to sink to the lefts level but you know what? The reason so many people support Trump is because he resonates with their being fed up with the polite we gotta be fair bullsquat that got America in the hole it's in.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Nassau County DA to Investigate Admitted Liar George Santos

Paul Bois29 Dec 202211
3:53

Republican District Attorney Anne Donnelly of Nassau County, New York, announced on Wednesday her office would be investigating incoming GOP Congressman George Santos due to reports he lied about his personal and professional history.

“The numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-Elect Santos are nothing short of stunning,” Donnelly said in a statement.

“The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the third district must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress,” she added. “No one is above the law and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it.”

Last week, a New York Times investigation revealed Santos may have lied about his résumé as well as other alleged unsavory details about his past.

On top of claiming he attended Baruch College, Santos also claimed in his campaign biography he worked for Citigroup and Goldman Sachs.

The investigation from the Times called these claims into question, with both Citigroup and Goldman Sachs claiming they had no record of him working there. Officials with Baruch College also told the Times the school has no record of Santos graduating from the school in 2010, as he previously claimed.

Santos also claims in a biography on the website of the National Republican Congressional Committee he briefly attended New York University, but N.Y.U officials said they could find no record of his attendance.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/29/republican-nassau-county-da-to-investigate-admitted-liar-george-santos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Since he's up for re-election in 2024 anyways, wouldn't it be preferable to leave it to the voters to decide his fate?

Offline BellyAche

Since he's up for re-election in 2024 anyways, wouldn't it be preferable to leave it to the voters to decide his fate?

A practical solution.  All will "hit the fan" for him in two years and voters will see if this insecure liar will turn out to favor their causes.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt