Author Topic: Illegal Immigrant Apprehensions Continue to Surge as Supreme Court Weighs Fate of Title 42  (Read 192 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Immigrant Apprehensions Continue to Surge as Supreme Court Weighs Fate of Title 42
A U.S. Border Patrol agent instructs immigrants who had crossed the Rio Grande into El Paso, Texas, as seen from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, on Dec. 19, 2022. (John Moore/Getty Images)

IMMIGRATION & BORDER SECURITY
Illegal Immigrant Apprehensions Continue to Surge as Supreme Court Weighs Fate of Title 42

By Jeff Louderback
December 24, 2022 Updated: December 24, 2022
0:0011:35 audio available at the page link

While Americans celebrate Christmas, multiple cities across the country brace for what will happen if the Supreme Court decides to end Title 42 as federal border officials report a record number of illegal immigrant crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border.
On Dec. 23, data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection showed that, in November, the agency recorded 233,740 migrant encounters across the southern border that stretches almost 2,000 miles.

That marks more than a 30 percent increase compared to the same period in November 2021.
Around 16 percent of the illegal immigrants apprehended by federal border officials last month had previously attempted to enter the United States, according to Department of Homeland Security information.
A group of Mexicans walk back into Mexico after being returned halfway along the international bridge from the United States under Title 42, in Piedras Negras, Mexico, on April 21, 2022. (Charlotte Cuthbertson/The Epoch Times)As Republicans prepare to take over the House in January, many elected officials in the party have promised that illegal immigration will be a significant focus in 2023.

https://www.alipac.us/f9/illegal-immigrant-apprehensions-continue-surge-supreme-court-weighs-fate-tit-403384/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 06:48:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson