Author Topic: M1A2 SEPv4: The New Army Tank That Russia Simply Can’t Match in Battle?  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
M1A2 SEPv4: The New Army Tank That Russia Simply Can’t Match in Battle?
Story by Brent M. Eastwood • Yesterday 10:11 AM

© Provided by 1945
M1A2 SEPv4: The Future of the U.S. Army – The future of the main battle tank in modern warfare is not completely assured. The Russo-Ukraine war has showed that a determined infantry loaded to bear with anti-tank guided missiles can stop an armored force in its tracks. That’s why it’s interesting that the United States is forging ahead with yet another M1A2 Abrams tanks update. If the Americans do not believe tanks are obsolete, what does the Army have in store for their famous tank?

Look Out for the M1A2 SEPv4
The latest upgrade for the Abrams is the M1A2 SEP version 4 (SEPv4). SEP stands for System Enhancement Package and this program will be quite an enhancement for the vehicle. The Abrams has always been adept at identifying targets. Now a third generation forward-looking infrared system (FLIR) will make that process of target acquisition much better. This will use a color camera and the commander will have an optimized laser sight.

Why Not Add In Artificial Intelligence?
The Army did a forward-looking defense acquisition method for the SEPv4. It is leaving new features open to transition to future technology development, such as tanks using artificial intelligence and machine learning that could provide even more fascinating upgrades such as better sensors and the improved active protection system I’ll discuss below.
Improve the Kill Chain

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m1a2-sepv4-the-new-army-tank-that-russia-simply-can-t-match-in-battle/ar-AA15EGio?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=39d4047babf44b4c9f4b2330f8819350
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 11:39:33 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson