Author Topic: Court Dismisses Kari Lake Election Challenge, Cites Lack Of Evidence As To Intentional Misconduct Af  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson 12/25/2022

Court Dismisses Kari Lake Election Challenge, Cites Lack Of Evidence As To Intentional Misconduct Affecting The Outcome

This demonstrates the problem with election challenges that are outside the normal recount process. You are asking a judge to overturn the certified election result – that’s a lot to ask. You need to prove to a high degree of evidentiary proof that a fraud took place and that it affected the outcome. That almost never is provable.

As previously posted, Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, who was widely predicted to win based on polling, filed legal challenges after she lost, focusing on pervasive problems on Election Day, particularly in Maricopa County. Among other things, an absurdly high number of voting locations experiences problems with ballot printing and processing, causing long waiting lines and many voters turned away and told to come back later.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson permitted two of Lake’s 10 challenges to go to trial:

The two counts that Judge Thompson ruled can go to trial involve printers malfunctioning on Election Day and ballot chain of custody. Lake claimed printers that malfunctioned were not certified and had “vulnerabilities” that made them “susceptible to hacking.” She also claimed the printers malfunctioned because of “intentional action.”

Judge Thompson said Lake must prove at trial that someone interfered with the printers in violation of Arizona law, that the interference caused her to lose votes and that those lost votes affected the outcome of the election.

As for the chain of custody issue, Lake claimed employees of the county’s ballot contractor violated the “County Election Manual” when they added ballots of family members and also failed to secure an “Inbound Receipt of Delivery.” Judge Thompson said whether the county complied with its own manual and applicable statutes is a dispute of fact rather than one of law.

Here is an account of some of the hearing testimony via The Hill:

Election officials acknowledged that some of the county’s Election Day vote centers experienced printer malfunctions that prevented tabulators from reading ballots, but they insisted voters could utilize backup options to ultimately have their ballot counted.

Lake’s campaign noted that Election Day voters tend to support Republicans, leveraging witness testimony and affidavits to argue the issues were intentionally aimed at making Hobbs the winner and disenfranchised enough Lake supporters to cause the Republican’s defeat.

When asked during the trial if he intentionally sabotaged the printers or was aware of anyone who did, Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer (R) responded, “absolutely not.”

Lake then called a witness, Clay Parikh, who examined ballots on behalf of her campaign and said he inspected 14 ballots that printed a 19-inch image on 20-inch paper. Parikh suggested the discrepancy would cause the tabulation issues and required intentional printer setting changes.

Maricopa County Co-Elections Director Scott Jarrett testified that the county’s root cause analysis remains ongoing, but officials identified that printer heat settings contributed to the problem.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/12/court-dismisses-kari-lake-election-challenge-cites-lack-of-evidence-as-to-intentional-misconduct-affecting-the-outcome/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the problem that exists trying to win these things in court. It's a catch-22. It requires a high standard of proof and evident that, because of the nature of the system, is nearly impossible to uncover. Which leads to the last paragraph:

The time to address election misconduct and mischief is before the election, not after. There needed to be systems and procedures in place, and the personnel to enforce them, to prevent this Election Day debacle. That’s why voter and systemic integrity laws and procedures are so important.

Ducey and the legislature had two plus years to do this, and they failed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

This is the problem that exists trying to win these things in court. It's a catch-22. It requires a high standard of proof and evident that, because of the nature of the system, is nearly impossible to uncover. Which leads to the last paragraph:

I have said for a very long time, without election integrity the GOP won't win.  You would think Joe stealing an election should have set off alarms for the RNC, GOP, governors, Supervisor of Elections, etc....so what were they all doing besides collecting a paycheck and blowing hot air?

There were some that fought very very hard for integrity at the ballot...it wasn't enough....all hands need to be on deck, otherwise the DEMS will continue their blatant cheating.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

This is the big crime in my estimation. 

Stolen, bungled, or both. 

They have no clue as to what they are doing to people's confidence in the system.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

As for the chain of custody issue, Lake claimed employees of the county’s ballot contractor violated the “County Election Manual” when they added ballots of family members and also failed to secure an “Inbound Receipt of Delivery.” Judge Thompson said whether the county complied with its own manual and applicable statutes is a dispute of fact rather than one of law.

And that has to be a key point. 

There should be no way for a dispute of "facts" to exist. 

The system needs to be perfect in that regard.

Again, the election boards failed us.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
There were some that fought very very hard for integrity at the ballot...it wasn't enough....all hands need to be on deck, otherwise the DEMS will continue their blatant cheating.

i am still of the opinion that the "cheating" claim needs to be used very carefully.

What is very clear is that the whole system is sloppy and needs to be tightened up.  Seriously. 

The judge can throw out all he wants......nobody who didn't buy it before is buying it now. 

We don't have the whole story and if he won't let this go forward most people are going to assume that there is something to be covered up or someone is lying.

Confidence in this state is LOW.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Arizona is a blue state now.
It won't be goin' back.
The Party coming into power in January will make certain of that.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Arizona is a blue state now.
It won't be goin' back.
The Party coming into power in January will make certain of that.

Mesa is the size of Tucson and was voted the most conserative city in America.

There is no way we are giving ANYTHING up.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
When some of the most compelling, provable, plausible evidence of enough shenanigans is shot down in this manner?

The fix is and was is in, before it even started.

Our electoral systems are corruputed, and no one is doing a damned thing about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When some of the most compelling, provable, plausible evidence of enough shenanigans is shot down in this manner?

The fix is and was is in, before it even started.

Our electoral systems are corruputed, and no one is doing a damned thing about it.
It sounds like this judge is taking point for all of that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Maricopa judge refuses to sanction Kari Lake, saying claims weren't 'groundless'

A Maricopa County judge denied a motion to sanction Kari Lake and her lawyers over election fraud claims, saying such claims weren't "groundless," but ordered her to repay $30,000 in expert witness fees.

Gov. Katie Hobbs and Maricopa County filed a motion to sanction Lake and her lawyers, claiming that her election fraud lawsuit was brought forward in bad faith. Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson ruled against them, claiming that although she lost the case, there was some basis to Lake's claims. However, she was still ordered to pay $30,000 in expert witness fees. She will not have to pay any other fees.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/maricopa-judge-sanction-lake

The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is helpful, on Appeal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
........... and no one is doing a damned thing about it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Conservatives taking to the streets would be a decent first symbolic move.  24/7 informational bombardment of the details of the steal down to minutia.  Additionally, followed by a well funded citizen obsessive recall of the bitch.  Fllod the electoral boards with conservativs to watch every vote counted.

And play dirty if you have too.  Don't take a knife to a gun fight.

May not be totally successful, but you poor folks can make her life hell for 4 years. She deserves it for the steal.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 02:25:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Conservatives taking to the streets would be a decent first symbolic move.  24/7 informational bombardment of the details of the steal down to minutia.  Additionally, followed by a well funded citizen obsessive recall of the bitch.  Fllod the electoral boards with conservativs to watch every vote counted.

And play dirty if you have too.  Don't take a knife to a gun fight.

May not be totally successful, but you poor folks can make her life hell for 4 years. She deserves it for the steal.

Good Luck.

I think this was referencing the bungled election.

Suggestions on how to ensure we don't allow this kind of mess to happen again.

I am not one to call this a "steal".  What I will call it is bungled.  And what makes me mad is that everyone knows it.  But fixing it is going to be hard (and I have no issue saying that the looming prospect of all the rehashing of 2020 isn't going to help). 

I do believe it should be further investigated.  I wish Lake had not asserted it was stolen.  I think it would have better to say there is enough evidence of bad management that it needs to be revisited, researched and possibly repeated.  That is a tall order and I think people don't want to deal with it.

On the other side, if they were to even acknowledge that there were issues.....they whole dam bursting over 2020 takes place.  I am sure they find that as motivation to NOT step up.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Right now, in my world....there is no proven "steal".

What is maddening is that we won't even look at what is there to make that determination. 

Calling it a steal from the start is what is costing Lake in my estimation. 

What we know is that the election wasn't conducted properly and there are way too many questions to not review such a tight race and all that has been claimed. 

I have no plan to take to the streets.  But I do think that organizing to ensure our elections are squeaky clean would go a long way towards endearing people to us.

From some of the reports, I have seen, I thought way way more than 38K votes were corrupted by a standing SOS via inplausible electoral counts, and counting methodologies.  Then  add the point, that there was a proven "heat map" that intentionally dictated and caused electoral malfunctions in predominatly conservative precincts that may have coast Lake several 10K's of votes, due to voters not being able to stand in line for hours.  Both for physical reasons or other possible obligations. 

No, this is not a drip-drip-drip 2020 electoral fraud situation, which cumulatively would have been hard to 100% prove on merit alone.

In this particular election, there are enough facts, and dirty deeds to overturn or redo this one.  If you can find a judge with the balls to  see it that way.

I am a Texan, and don't near have the emotional capital invested that you do as a resident.  But I DO.....   understand that these types of reviews and rulings have a nasty habit of being precedent setting.  If you don't fight here, it might have  a dominoing effect downstream for later problems with dim electoral stealing.  Which I might add, they have become quite adept at.

Again, good luck.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
A conservative activist group or the Arizona GOP or both needs to sue Maricopa to clean up their illegal voting setup. The off-site counting center, signature violations, printers, wrong sized ballots, etc.

Not to overturn the election, at most an eyes-on recount of Maricopa, but to make sure the ballots are legit and were counted.

My gut says keep digging and grinding, there is gold there if it will be pursued. Start with the joker who perjured himself.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I think this was referencing the bungled election.

Suggestions on how to ensure we don't allow this kind of mess to happen again.

I am not one to call this a "steal".  What I will call it is bungled.  And what makes me mad is that everyone knows it.  But fixing it is going to be hard (and I have no issue saying that the looming prospect of all the rehashing of 2020 isn't going to help). 

I'd like you to answer this candidly and honestly......

Last week it was 100% proven that the FBI used its influence with Twitter, and likely all other social media to dispel the HB laptop story as Russian disinformation.

Did that fact alone, cause a 100K vote swing in 6 states that gave Biden the election?  Was that bungling, or was it a concerted premeditated  steal?

Not saying wording has 100% bearing on our fighting the dim fraud.  But mincing words giving the dims quarter is exactly what the capitulating spineless GOP squishes have been and are doing with their much more agressive enemies across the aisle.

Until we get some angry fight in us, we are screwed.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
From some of the reports, I have seen, I thought way way more than 38K votes were corrupted by a standing SOS via inplausible electoral counts, and counting methodologies.  Then  add the point, that there was a proven "heat map" that intentionally dictated and caused electoral malfunctions in predominatly conservative precincts that may have coast Lake several 10K's of votes, due to voters not being able to stand in line for hours.  Both for physical reasons or other possible obligations. 

No, this is not a drip-drip-drip 2020 electoral fraud situation, which cumulatively would have been hard to 100% prove on merit alone.

In this particular election, there are enough facts, and dirty deeds to overturn or redo this one.  If you can find a judge with the balls to  see it that way.

I am a Texan, and don't near have the emotional capital invested that you do as a resident.  But I DO.....   understand that these types of reviews and rulings have a nasty habit of being precedent setting.  If you don't fight here, it might have  a dominoing effect downstream for later problems with dim electoral stealing.  Which I might add, they have become quite adept at.

Again, good luck.

To be sure.....this mess has to be kept front and center as an example of what cannot happen.  It needs to continue to be challenged.  Again, not as a steal, but as a place where a steal could take place.

Right now....not saying there was.....but also not saying there wasn't......if the judged won't get off his lazy ass and let us dig into it, we need to (as you say) call for more and keep calling for it.

It's not just the GOP who are losing confidence.  I wonder if the elite idiots like Hobbs even care that they are seen as a clown show ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Last week it was 100% proven that the FBI used its influence with Twitter, and likely all other social media to dispel the HB laptop story as Russian disinformation.

Did that fact alone, cause a 100K vote swing in 6 states that gave Biden the election?  Was that bungling, or was it a concerted premeditated  steal?

Not saying wording has 100% bearing on our fighting the dim fraud.  But mincing words giving the dims quarter is exactly what the capitulating spineless GOP squishes have been and are doing with their much more agressive enemies across the aisle.

Agreed that the FBI - Hunter mess is something that needs sorted out.  This is different than what I think of when people talk about AZ in 2020.

Easily could have influenced the elections and shows corruption that needs rooted out. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

I should be clear.....

In my estimation, the FBI involvement was a clear breaking of the rules.

I don't know much about AZ 2020. 

I, frankly, don't think Hobbs and Co are that smart....and don't know that I believe THEY could steal second base if the catcher was passed out.

That does not mean it could not be others.

However, we don't have hard evidence and we are being prevented from getting it.

At the same time, I think Lake could have approached it differently and gotten further consideration.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Just saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kari-lake-can-overturn-election-even-if-there-s-not-voter-fraud-lawyer/ar-AA15VeWe?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=af6245fe1e234beeec2ec647e5f96955

Election-law attorney and newly elected Arizona Rep. Alex Kolodin told NewsNation why Lake's legal efforts challenging the state's gubernatorial election results are continuing, even after Democrat Katie Hobbs was officially sworn in on Monday.

Talking on "Dan Abrams Live", Kolodin—whose official website's homepage has a quote from Donald Trump calling him "a hell of an attorney [and] a patriot"—said: "There has never been any sort of time bar on resolutions of election challenges on appeal that requires them to get resolved before the swearing-in."

Kolodin added that the point of Lake's appeal is "that the appellate court will reverse the decision of the trial."

The congressman-elect said it's "very typical with cases like this" to "go up on appeal," adding that "if the trial court got it wrong, the court of appeal would say something."

According to Kolodin, "the trial court got it wrong in terms of requiring proof of fraud or some ill intent. That's simply not what Arizona law requires.

"The only thing that matters is, 'Were there errors? Were they significant enough that they could have changed the results or at least make the results uncertain?'"

I  think that is what many are saying here and abroad.  The court shut her down based on unrealistic expectations (not unreasonable....they were well past that).

Maybe there is hope.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:38:53 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline Hoodat

@HikerGuy83

With the overwhelming evidence proving that Arizona election laws were not followed, do you believe the outcome to be illegitimate and illegal?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-