Author Topic: Over 1.5 Million Without Power on Christmas Eve During Winter Storm  (Read 359 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Over 1.5 Million Without Power on Christmas Eve During Winter Storm

JACOB BLISS24 Dec 2022Washington, DC967

Over 1.5 million were without power on Christmas Eve due to a winter storm sweeping much of the country, according to PowerOutage at 11:30 a.m. Eastern.

The website, which tracks, records, and aggregates live power outage data across the United States, revealed that over one million people were without power just before noon on Christmas Eve.

The power outages, according to the website, are affecting the Southeast region of the United States the most, with approximately 566,200 outages. Within that area, nearly 370,000 were in North Carolina alone.

Power Outage tallied the outages per region:

South East… 566,200
New England… 362,911
South… 325,259
Mid-Atlantic… 210,734
Great Lakes… 24,366
Pacific… 20,028
MidWest… 1,850
Territories… 1,821
Mountain… 988

https://www.breitbart.com/weather/2022/12/24/over-1-5-million-without-power-christmas-eve-winter-storm/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 08:57:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Over 1.5 Million Without Power on Christmas Eve During Winter Storm
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 08:58:35 pm »
How many millions more would have lost power were it not for global warming? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 09:14:02 pm »
Our power went out on Thursday night at 5pm and came back last night at 11pm. Just in time. Thank God for the wood stove.  happy77
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 11:36:11 pm »
Our power went out on Thursday night at 5pm and came back last night at 11pm. Just in time. Thank God for the wood stove.  happy77

Indeed.  Wood stoves are wonderful!  If we were to ever live up north again, I wouldn't be without one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.