Author Topic: THE ARTIST HATED THE KKK. WEST POINT IS REMOVING HER ARTWORK ANYWAY.  (Read 438 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE ARTIST HATED THE KKK. WEST POINT IS REMOVING HER ARTWORK ANYWAY.
December 23, 2022 ·Matt White

An historical mural, known as a triptych, that includes a figure of a Ku Klux Klan member among 200 historical figures, will be removed from the entrance to a West Point classroom building. Photo from USMA website and Naming Commission.

In 1965, New York-based sculptor Laura Gardin Fraser left no room for debate on how she viewed the Ku Klux Klan’s place in US history.

The Klan, she wrote, was “an organization of white people who hid their criminal activities behind a mask and sheet.”

Fraser laid out her unambigious view of the post-Civil War terror group in notes she left to the United State Military Academy at West Point when she delivered a sprawling 11-foot, 3-panel mural — also called a triptych — to the school at the request of a general.

The mural, or triptych, outside Bartlett Hall, a science and engineering building at the US Military Academy at West Point. A Ku Klux Klan figure is included on the middle panel as one of dozens of historical figures from the Civil War-era of US history. Picture of mural courtesy West Point, Klan image from federal Naming Committee.

The brass mural is a sweeping array of more than 200 images, most of them famous people or figures, ranging across US history from the arrival of Leif Erikson up to the 1960s.

https://www.coffeeordie.com/west-point-removing-art
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 01:15:53 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: THE ARTIST HATED THE KKK. WEST POINT IS REMOVING HER ARTWORK ANYWAY.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 01:24:10 pm »
The removal is not an objection to slavery, history of slavery, or depictions of slavery.  It's about removing the history of white people.  By removing the history of white people, the left intends to rewrite history and make white people the bad guys on everything.  The left won't even be able to acknowledge the role white people had in freeing the slaves, such as Lincoln.  Without the help and sacrifices of those people, blacks might still be slaves. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 03:38:14 pm »
If they keep  pretending history never actually  happened, then there never was a KKK, right?  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 04:03:33 pm »
The removal is not an objection to slavery, history of slavery, or depictions of slavery.  It's about removing the history of white people.  By removing the history of white people, the left intends to rewrite history and make white people the bad guys on everything.  The left won't even be able to acknowledge the role white people had in freeing the slaves, such as Lincoln.  Without the help and sacrifices of those people, blacks might still be slaves. ****slapping

@rangerrebew

And THERE it is!

Ironically enough,this was the very same thing that CREATED the KKK after the War of Northern Aggression ended. Our new Northern Masters came in and created a legal system where blacks had more rights than whites in the south.

Reverse discrimination is nothing less than the mirror image of discrimination.

BTW,anybody that TRULY believes the War of Northern Aggression was ever about slavery is a retard. That was just one of the many excuses the northern banks came up with to justify their invasion and seizure of rich southern farmland as well as the banks.

This happened because the south was moving away from shipping using northern ports as well as borrowing money from northern banks.

As is ALWAYS the case with wars,this was was fought for economic reasons,not politics. "Politics" are just the clean dress it wears to hide the soiled underwear.

And it is the same today as it was back then when it comes to warfare and banking. Absolutely nothing "real" has changed but the lies used to justify the various wars.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 04:19:26 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 04:24:17 pm »
If they keep  pretending history never actually  happened, then there never was a KKK, right?  :whistle:

@mountaineer

That "little project" is just about complete. About the only time you hear the KKK mentioned anymore is in discussions about history.

These days,it's just "de white debbil what bees at falts",not random whites who are members of an organization opposed to blacks.

"De white debbils" are defined as ANYBODY who is white that doesn't put minorities first in every respect.

Equality is no longer the goal. They,and the puppet masters who pull their strings want total domination.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!