Author Topic: SPECIAL FORCES TEST AN ISRAELI MORTAR SYSTEM THAT WILL MAKE THEM MORE LETHAL AND SURVIVABLE  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SPECIAL FORCES TEST AN ISRAELI MORTAR SYSTEM THAT WILL MAKE THEM MORE LETHAL AND SURVIVABLE
Steve Balestrieri | December 23, 2022

Green Berets from the 3rd Special Forces Group have been testing a new, fully autonomous, computerized, mounted mortar system that can be used in a Humvee or other light, highly mobile vehicles.

The 3rd Special Force Group has partnered with the Israel Elbit Systems to “develop, test, and field” the new mortar system, according to SFC Zach VanDyke. Special Forces operators are in the final stages of development and testing and are working to assess how well the mortar system works for deployed Special Forces teams, VanDyke told Task and Purpose.

“The system will allow for more mobile and versatile capabilities on the battlefield for combatant commanders and other leaders to consider when planning both defensive and offensive operations,” VanDyke said.

The “Sling” 120mm mortar system can be fitted on many light vehicles that can carry 900 pounds of cargo weight. Elbit said on its website that the mortar could be put in or out of action in 30-60 seconds, increasing operator survivability due to its “shoot and scoot” capability. The mortar system can easily be crewed by two to four personnel.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/special-forces-test-an-israeli-mortar-system-that-will-make-them-more-lethal-and-survivable/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 12:16:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson