Author Topic: Whoopi Goldberg doubles down on controversial Holocaust claim: It 'wasn't originally' about race  (Read 628 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 24, 2022 2:55pm EST
Whoopi Goldberg doubles down on controversial Holocaust claim: It 'wasn't originally' about race
Goldberg told The Times the Nazis weren't originally targeting a specific race, but those who were physically and mentally 'defective'

By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Whoopi Goldberg has not renounced her unpopular views on the Holocaust, despite them getting her suspended from ABC’s "The View" earlier this year.

In a new interview with U.K. paper The Times, the actress and daytime talk show co-host doubled down on her opinion that the Nazi’s didn’t originally target Jews based on race during the Holocaust. 

During the discussion, Goldberg also insisted that the Nazis targeted people of African descent as well as the Jews because they were physically different. She even suggested that Jews had an easier time blending in with white people and hiding from the Nazis than Black people.

In her write-up of the interview, Times columnist Janice Turner stated, "Even now she does not understand why her remarks offended. She insists Jewish people themselves are divided about whether they are a race or a religion."

Goldberg, whose original name is Caryn Elaine Johnson, segued into the topic after explaining that her stage name Whoopi Goldberg comes from a "distant Jewish ancestor." She then started speaking candidly about her perspective on the Jewish experience. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/whoopi-goldberg-doubles-down-controversial-holocaust-claim-wasnt-originally-about-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another apology

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Goldberg told The Times the Nazis weren't originally targeting a specific race, but those who were physically and mentally 'defective'
Oh, well, in that case ...  it's still hideous, you stupid fat cow!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh, well, in that case ...  it's still hideous, you stupid fat cow!
but those who were physically and mentally 'defective'

I wonder if the moron has any idea how fortunate she is that she didn't live in Hitler's Germany?

Offline goatprairie

I tried to find a number of the numbers of people considered black in Nazi Germany. I couldn't find a number. Just some stories of mixed race people. Most of them were children of white and black parents.
I would say that the number of "black" people in Germany during that time was pretty low....maybe in the thousands at best.
I've never read any accounts of the persecution of blacks in Nazi Germany and their numbers. Like all non-Aryan people during Hitler's reign, they probably weren't treated well, but I couldn't find any history of them being murdered like the Jews, Gypsies, and other non-Aryan people on Hitler's list of people to be eliminated.
I'm currently reading a book about Hitler (I've read a number of them) by Volker Ullrich who writes that Hitler didn't care if the entire populations of Poland and Russia were eliminated. He didn't have much more consideration for the lives of Slavic peoples than he did Jews and Gypsies. He considered them all sub-human and to be eliminated when their usefulness as slave laborers was finished.
Outside of France I would guess the numbers of people considered black on the whole European continent was pretty small.  Even France didn't have that many black people living there.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

Interesting info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_black_people_in_Nazi_Germany
Yes, good find....I read that article before I posted. Not a lot of pertinent information.