Author Topic: Here’s What A Patriot Missile Does — And Why It’s Important To Ukraine  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here’s What A Patriot Missile Does — And Why It’s Important To Ukraine
Story by Anthony Tellez, Forbes Staff • Yesterday 4:30 PM

In a $1.85 billion aid package to Ukraine, the Biden Administration is including the most advanced air defense system in the U.S. arsenal, the Patriot system, which Ukraine had been asking for, and some believe could be a game-changer in Russia's ongoing invasion of its neighbor.

What makes the Patriot one of the most sought-out defense systems is its capability to stop cruise missiles and short-range ballistic missiles before they reach their intended target, as well as target aircrafts.

The system is mounted on trucks, making them mobile, and each system has a battery capable of holding up to four missiles with a total of eight launchers, and has a range between 20 to 100 miles.

Ukraine has been asking for the system since Russia ramped up its missile strikes on the recaptured Ukrainian city of Kherson, while also targeting power plants and other energy infrastructure, leaving millions without heat or electricity.

What the system means for Ukraine is a more advanced line of defense to protect itself from further Russian missile strikes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/here-s-what-a-patriot-missile-does-and-why-it-s-important-to-ukraine/ar-AA15C6pb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=71a7c79a34804fc0a84ba9c92969eba6
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson