Author Topic: Disney sets closing date for iconic Splash Mountain ride, reveals 2024 'Princess and the Frog' repla  (Read 623 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Disney sets closing date for iconic Splash Mountain ride, reveals 2024 'Princess and the Frog' replacement

In June 2020, Disney announced the Splash Mountain attraction was going to be re-themed around 'The Princess and the Frog'

By Sarah Rumpf FOXBusiness

Reimagining Disney 'Splash Mountain' ride could take over a year: Former imagineer
Eddie Sotto on Splash Mountain, reopening parks

Disney fans hoping for one last plunge on Splash Mountain have less than two months to ride the iconic theme park attraction before it closes for an extensive makeover.

The attraction will close on January 23, 2023, as Disney moves to walk away from the wide criticism that the ride promotes "racial stereotypes."

Splash Mountain's current theme is based off Br'er Rabbit's adventures in the 1946 "Song of the South" film, which has been criticized for its portrayal of plantation life.

"I’ve felt, as long as I’ve been CEO, that 'Song of the South' was – even with a disclaimer – was just not appropriate in today’s world," Disney CEO Bob Iger said in a March 2020 shareholders meeting.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/disney-sets-closing-date-iconic-splash-mountain-ride-reveals-princess-frog-replacement
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm glad I was able to go to them both before they became wokeness footballs. buh bye
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Still keep a copy of "Song of the South" ... Great kids film... All I remember about the ride was one tree before you got to ride the ride was covered in gum... Seems the public picked one tree to stick all their gum to and Disney put a sign up saying "Don't put gum on our tree".... I remember it having one good waterfall that splashed ya with yucky water they recycled. I never had a clue it had a theme to it to be honest.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  I never had a clue it had a theme to it to be honest.

That makes two of us.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The attraction will close on January 23, 2023, as Disney moves to walk away from the wide criticism that the ride promotes "racial stereotypes."

My money is on the Princess and the Frog being Disney imagineered into a Fagotry Alphabetsouper vehicle for what they consider the proper grooming needs of American families.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My feeling is that Disney is on the way out in the next few years. Don't get me wrong, they will still make tons of money because they have diversified in to so many side ventures, but it will never be the beloved American Disney it once was.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My feeling is that Disney is on the way out in the next few years. Don't get me wrong, they will still make tons of money because they have diversified in to so many side ventures, but it will never be the beloved American Disney it once was.
It isn't now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Still keep a copy of "Song of the South" ... Great kids film... All I remember about the ride was one tree before you got to ride the ride was covered in gum... Seems the public picked one tree to stick all their gum to and Disney put a sign up saying "Don't put gum on our tree".... I remember it having one good waterfall that splashed ya with yucky water they recycled. I never had a clue it had a theme to it to be honest.
I'm still trying to figure out how SOTS is racist. Like many millions of other children who saw it on Disney in the fifties, I thought it was just a movie about some funny, anthropomorphized animals.
I never knew the idea of an old black man telling small white children stories about funny animals was racist. But according to the "experts" it's a horrible, racist movie. Why?  :shrug: